repost - step on Grand L

/ repost - step on Grand L #1  

HunterdonPaul

Bronze Member
I decided to repost in a different post for more feedback.

I really like the Kubota Grand Ls. The thing that really bothers me about the Kubota L's shouldn't (but it does). I really dislike the quality of the step to board the tractor. The step is made of very thin and insubstantial metal while the Deere's step is really rugged. Any comments here? Has anyone had any problems with it bending?

I realize that this is probably my problem, not Kubota's. Just a little input -

Regards

/ repost - step on Grand L #3  
No problems with the step. You mentioned bending. Do you mean from your body weight? It would be pretty hard to bend it from just stepping on it. I'm only 210# though.

Sim

/ repost - step on Grand L #4  
I bent mine the other day. A log kicked up as I was backing up and bent the heck out of it. The good thing was it bent right back no problem. Because it was the weakest link.

After looking at it and thinking about replacing it with heavier steel I decided against it. Why---it was the weakest link. That way the step bent, if it was heavy steel I would have bent the operators platform as well, causing alot more damage than just bending the step.

Once winter hits I'll more than likely have some more dents to post about as well. Hope not, but I bought her to work not to look pretty./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ repost - step on Grand L #5  
Sim -- I'm the same weight, and mine has developed a slight bow in the step over the months I've had Clementine. My solution was to plant my foot on the edge of the step.

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ repost - step on Grand L #6  
Boondox;
I don't have as many hours as you. I see that others have had problems too. I will keep my eye on it. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll reinforce the step now before the bowing begins!

Sim

/ repost - step on Grand L #8  
You guys are working too hard. Mine came with the step already bent from below. Saved me the trouble!

/ repost - step on Grand L #9  
paul: not really familar with L model but i can assure that if u had ANY tractor, u would be able to find a few things u did not like. there is no such thing as perfect. all tractors, cars, etc.etc. have at least one thing we don't like.

/ repost - step on Grand L #10  
I weigh 230 give or take and haven't noticed any problems with the step yet. I'll keep my eye on it though...
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG