Price Check Kubota M Series Price Check

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #1  

LeadPoison

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900
I am located in south eastern Louisiana/southern Mississippi.

I got the following quotes from one local dealer which seemed high.

M4800 2WD - 14,400
M4800 DT - 18,400
M4900 2WD - 17,200
M4900 DT - 21,000
M5700 2WD 18,400
M5700 DT 22,400

Loader - $5000 for all models of tractor

Howse 6 foot Disc - 1250

Bush Hog 286 - 1,995

Thoughts on prices?

Not totally sold on 4WD or loader. Someone want to convince me. I just don't see all the uses for a loader to justify it my case. I think I would go 4WD before I went with a loader though. Both are not out of the question though.

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #2  
LeadPoison,
In Sept 05' I received prices of $19500-$20500.00 for the M4900DT, MFWD and one set of remotes. With the M series being replaced you would think Kubota would offer some incentive to move the old line out. My dealer tells me there is not enough inventory to offer this. But I have instructed him to call me if some good incentive is offered and a M6800 is mine /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as a FIL; I was raised on 8N's, Ford 600's and 3000's. We never had a FIL. I still have an 8N and 600. I mostly hobby farm now due to having a full time job /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and was in need of a 30ish MFWD for some work around boxwoods we raise and some light bush hogging, still had the mind set I did not need a FIL.

I decided to buy an FEL for my L3130 and to be honest I'll never be without a tractor with an FIL. I never knew there were so many uses for one. The fist two weeks I had it I pulled fence post, pushed down a large apple tree and dug the stump out, pulled over/collapsed/mangled/and stacked a old storage shed beside my pole barn so I could add to it, Moved brush piles from the middle of fields to the edge, hauled fire wood, lifted implements off the trailer and back of truck. My wife finally threatened to take the keys away because she thought I was going to use it to remodel the kitchen. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I am getting ready to clear an old road bed to where we are going to build a house. I would not attempt it if I did not have a FIL.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you own property and a tractor and don't have a FIL you don't know what your missing.

Good luck on you M series.

What all do you plan on doing with the tractor?

/ Kubota M Series Price Check
Well we have two sections of land. One is 80 acres, the other 540. Mostly deer hunting. The 540 acres we farm pine trees as well. My cousin has 55 hp Deere with fel that he uses on the bigger place at times but he doesn't bring it up much and it's his baby. I would like to fill in a natural wash on the end of my house before it erodes away and due some tree cleanup from Katrina. Fill road ruts. Haul fertlizer and seed in the FEL probably. Clean up trails and fields. My cousin usually handles the 540 as far as planting but there are things i would like to get done myself. On the 80 acres there are about 8-10 acres of field we plant in corn and summer/winter food plots. We have a couple of crrek crossings that need to be reworked at times as well.

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #4  
Have you looked at john deere? The 50hp 5103 in particular, it's a very competivly priced tractor. Only avilable in two-wheel drive but for what I use it for that's all I need. The 512 loader pays for itself over & over again. Paid $14,300 for the tractor with single remote and canopy $3900 the loader With 73'' bucket, hope this helps!
Stefan

I have thought about that model. I am thinking I want DT though. That is one of the main things holding me back on that unit. The other is that there are no Deere dealers that close to me. Whereas I have about 5 Kubota dealers nearby.

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #6  
Hey, Poison; with regard to the FEL, you can think of it this way: All tractors can pull. A tractor with an FEL can pull, push and lift. The FEL doubles the tractor's utility (at least) while adding about 25% to its cost.

Money well spent.
Bob

I am sold on the FEL.

I think it is going to come down to one of two choices.

The base M series 2WD with FEL or the 5103 with FEL.

I think the Deere 5103 will probably be cheaper, but we shall see. Will be doing a lot of shopping over the next week or two.

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #8  
Keep us posted! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will do!

/ Kubota M Series Price Check #10  
Hey,

Since your liking the FEL, I *think* I read that the JD will not let you take it off easily or at all. I *think* I read this in the JD forum yesterday.

Anyway, that said, I am looking at those JD's too, and have an appointment this w/e to go check it out.

And as a side note, the FEL on my B7800 has never come off, but with a larger tractor interest, I may elect to put something else in the front of them.... just a thought.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif