Price Check price opinion wanted on kubota purchase

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #1  

roma3112

Silver Member
Tractor
simplicity 3112h
hi

i am in the market for a Kubota this year. i am in the process of building a new home, and i think the machine will come in handy for some landscaping projects. I plan on keeping the machine for a year or so and then selling it after i complete what i have planned.
i went to the local dealer and he had a 2005 b2710 with 167 hours on it. he wanted 14,9000.00 for it i can still qualify for the new financing if i wish. The dealer also has a woods 7500 backhoe for 5,000.00. I have not been able to find a whole lot of information on the 2710's, it seems to me that they are really similar in preformance to the b7800's.
As far as price how do you folks think this deal seems. The machine is in good shape and has not a significant mark on it. I can get a 2005 b7800 from a different dealer for 15,800. thanks for any information/ opinions you folks care to share.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #2  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Do the prices include a FEL (Front End Loader)?
I would prefer the B2710. It has position control for the 3PH. The B7800 has a 1/4 inching valve. The position control gives you better control when doing landscaping with the 3PH attachments. The B2710 was the first tractor in the last run of B series tractors. B2410, B2710, B2910, and B7800. The B7800 is the economy version of B2910.
If the woods BH is in good condition. That is a good price and should fit either tractor. If it is a 3PH version make sure tractor gets the heavy duty top link bracket.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #3  
I may be wrong but I don't believe Kubota made any 2710s in 2005 so it is probably a bit older (though the hours are certainly low). I would think the price is a bit high for a slightly used couple of year old machine. I presume it has a loader. The price for the backhoe is not great either. I'd shop around a bit. For the money you are talking ($20K+) you could get a 2006 Kubota BX24 and have change in your pocket. It would cost more than 20K to get the new equivalent of the 2710 which is either the 7800 or the 2630 (former with more hp, latter with more bells and whistles). For a general construction/landscape machine from Kubota you might also look at the 7510 which can be configured as a TLB for less than 20K.

I know you are in the Boston area (so am I) so you will find prices are higher here than many non Yankees on TBN quote. That is our burden. You can soften the blow by considering buying from one of the internet savvy dealers from another state who can often set you up and deliver for less than a local purchase.

Good luck.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

I know you are in the Boston area (so am I) so you will find prices are higher here than many non Yankees on TBN quote. That is our burden. You can soften the blow by considering buying from one of the internet savvy dealers from another state who can often set you up and deliver for less than a local purchase.

Good luck. )</font>

How true, how true.. This, is exactly what I did...

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase
hi folks and thanks for the information and the welcome!
the tractor was a rental for the dealership and from what they put on the quote it is listed as a 2005. the salesperson told me that it still qualifys for the 0% financing. the machine does haf the F.e.l 60in bucket. i looked at the backhoe and it looks brand new. the backhoe was purchased at that dealer and was on a b7800, the guy traded the package in with under 200 hours on it for a bigger machine. the b7800 sold and the backhoe is still there they told me new the backhoe was $6,900.00.
i was wondering what the b2710 cost new? i think that the dealer has a good deal of room in this machine but want to know how far to push on the price?

thanks again

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #6  
List price on tractor with FEL is about $19400.
Around my area the B2710 would bring get around $14000.
Last B2710 were manufactured in 2004. But<font color="orange"> Kubota </font>still list them as a current model. A B2710 manufactured in late 2004 would probably be listed as a 2005.
When looking at used tractors. One of the main concerns is if the tractor is used a rental. People who use them may not care what they do with them.
Does new tractor come with a warranty that starts when you pick it up?

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase
ron

the tractor does come with the factory warranty and i can get the 0% rate if i wanted to. but as some of you folks have pointed out they have not been made since 2004, i had one dealer tell me that they had not been "made in years" being unfamilliar with kubota other than the name i was concerned that the dealer that has the machine was representing it properly.
i still think that i could do better than the 14,900 and 5,000 for the tractor and backhoe, i tooo am leary on the rental aspect, but with under 200 hours i am worried but not scared off.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #8  
That's a lot of tractor for 1 acre. But lotsa folks in these TBN forums believe that bigger is better and you should buy as much tractor as your wallet can handle.

I'm on the other extreme. I have 10 acres, flat, grass/weeds, 30 almond trees, and about 3/4 acre that will be landscaped (hopefully, in the next few months by yours truly). I bought a new 21 HP B7510HST with the LA302 FEL last May for $12,600 ($10,000 for the tractor, $2600 for the FEL). Don't have a backhoe, but do have a 48" KK brush hog, a 48" KK box blade, a 48" Yanmar rototiller and a KK middle buster/sub-soiler. It's a bit small for 10 acres, but if you take your time you can get your mowing chores done OK.

I'll use the middle buster to plow the landscaped area and rototill the clods. I have a home-made drag (a piece of heavy pipe and chain link fence) to smooth the dirt.

I plan use the subsoiler to drag the PVC sprinkler pipe into the soil. There are several threads on TBN that explain how to do this. I'll use the Blazing Products saddle tees from www.sprinklerwarehouse.com to connect the sprinkler heads/risers to the PVC pipe.

As far as planting trees and shrubs, I'll use the pick and shovel method. Fortunately, we've had an excellent rainy season, so the ground is very soft. I only have about 70 holes to dig so it's a few days work. Dug the first 4 holes by hand for crape myrtles in about an hour.

Toyed with the idea of renting one of those goofy-looking little British TLBs from Home Depot. But the rental is like $175 for 4 hours, a little steep in my opinion.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #9  
I'm with flusher on the tractor size issue. Beware of the horsepower junkies on this board. (I'll get in trouble for that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) I'd be looking at the BX23 or BX24 if I were in your shoes. I use a 20hp Kioti CK20 TLB which is the equivalent of the 7510. There are always a few jobs that could be done faster with a bigger machine but don't underestimate the capabilities of a 20hp diesel engine, decent FEL and a six foot hoe for landscaping a single residence. The hoe may be a tad small for digging a foundation but for planting trees/bushes and removing stumps it does just fine. Same would be true of the BX TLBs.

The BXs would also be much easier to store. My Kioti is about sixteen or seventeen feet long with FEL/toothbar and backhoe. I don't know the exact numbers but the BX TLBs are at least a few feet shorter and therefore easier to store and trailer.

Keep your eye on the Want Advertiser (for those of you not from New England it is a regional publication/website with a pretty good homeowner type tractor section). I see people selling BX23s all the time after completing their landscaping projects. Unfortunately, the listed prices for BX23s is generally pretty high considering the financing deals that can be had from Kubota on new ones.

/ price opinion wanted on kubota purchase #10  
Wait a minute - don't discount the compact machine just yet. Unless you know what Roma is about to get himself into with his project, you may want to hold off on the downsizing advice.

When I bought my 1 acre property, and was tractor shopping, I was having a hard time justifying getting anything bigger than a subcompact - figuring it would be the right size once all the work was done. It would be the right size, but during the year and a half of landscaping work, 90% of the time I was wishing I had gone with a bigger machine.

Since Roma says he plans on selling the machine after he's finished with all of the work, I think he is very well justified in looking at the larger compact machine. However, he may decide to keep it after he's done anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But at least he won't be griping at himself for not getting a bigger machine to handle all of the work he has - I still had to rent a larger machine a few times to handle the bigger tasks, while my subcompact sat parked.