brush cutter for kubota L3400

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #1  

spiter23

Tractor
ford 1510
I just bought a new Kubota L3400 with a 5 ft. brush cutter. The tractor has the industrial tires and the width cut by the cutter is slightly less than the width of the rear tires. This makes it a little tought to get that brush right up close to a fence. I am thinking of trading for a medium duty 6 foot brush cutter. My 3400 has a front loader, but am still a little concerned that the 6 foot cutter may be too heavy for the L3400. Maybe weights on the front?
  • kubota
  • kubota
  • bush cutter
  • attachments

• Anybody out there have a 6 ft. cutter on a 3400? Appreciate your advice & comments.
    spiter23

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #2  
Hello Spiter23:

Now grant it, I don't know much, but I don't think the weight of the shredder would be much of an issue in your case. I believe that the hp requirement for the medium duty 6 footer would be more of an issue. Grant it, I'm sure the tractor could pull and operate it just fine, but I'm wondering how efficiently.

Just my two cents...pay me no attention /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope the vets can give you the info you were looking for.

BC

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #3  
I agree with Big Cajun. I don't think the weight will be an issue. And most likely it will not have much trouble cutting with it. But if you are cutting a lot of heavy brush I would think a 6' would strain the L3400.

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400 #4  
I see you have started another thread on the same subject.
By posting to this thread it will come back to top of list.
Your L3400 has 29 horsepower if it is gear. HST is 27.5.
A 72" medium duty rotary cutter may be on the heavy side for your tractor. How about a light duty cutter. They weigh about 750 against 1200 for a medium duty. The specs say your tractor is 51" with the tires at their minimum width. You may want to try moving the tires in a little if you have fairly flat ground.

/ brush cutter for kubota L3400
Think I will go down to the dealership and see if they will let me try out a 6 footer on a L3400. If the front end is not too light, I will probably go with it. I cut mostly grass, and the area is pretty flat. If anybody out there has a 6 ft. on a L3400 with fel, let me know how it is doing.
Thanks for your input guys.