Appreciative New Member

/ Appreciative New Member #1  

PowerMax

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
Thanks to all, for sharing your experiences and knowledge. I have gained a wealth of knowledge in a short period of time concerning a new compact purchase. I have spent hours reviewing posts and learning as much as I can to become an "informed" consumer.

I have 18 acres - finish mow 4 acres, brush hog 3 acres, maintain a steep logging road through the woods, plant a few acres for my livestock (whitetails), have a medium sized vegetable garden and am always pushing/moving dirt, snow, gravel, etc.

I currently own three Simplicity PowerMax's / AC 720's (one w/ MMM to finish mow, one to perform brush hogging, tilling operations and one with a Danco FEL - no quick detach here). These tractors are great, but maintenance and repair time is killing me. Also, parts are impossible to get anymore (hence, I also have two parts tractors).

When I finally decided that I would be buying a compact, I originally had my blinders on and was thinking JD 4100 vs. NH TC21D. Well, after shopping around and reading many, many posts, it became clear to me that I needed "more" tractor than either of these units could offer. The problem I had with JD vs. NH is that when you jump from the 4100 & TC21D to the JD 4200 vs. TC25D - the tractors become much too large (2600 lb. range and overall physical size) for my needs. It became apparent that I really needed something in between.

You folks led me to checking into the Kubota and Massey lineup (1235 vs. 2710/2910). Well, the price, availability and features ruled out the Massey pretty quick. Even though the Kubota dealership is about 45 miles from home - I quickly realized that the 2910 was exactly what I was looking for (hp, comfort, maneuverability, etc.).

I should soon be taking delivery of a new 2910 w/ 60" MMM, FEL, and box blade. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge - the members on this site make it great!

Jeff

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by PowerMax on 10/14/01 01:25 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Appreciative New Member #2  
glad all our ramblings could be of help to u. think u have made a wise choice.with what u need to do the b2910 should do u fine. are u getting a fel with it?

/ Appreciative New Member #3  
Good choice, in my opinion, Jeff. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Bird

/ Appreciative New Member
Yes Frank, I'm getting a 402 FEL w/ 60" bucket. Really looking forward to being able to quickly detach and reattach. Currently, I have to have one tractor dedicated to always have the loader on.

Oh, BTW, anyone want to buy a Simplicity 4041 or AC 720 or any associated implements (Cat. 0, 2000 rpm PTO)? I'm having a big sale! ;o)

Jeff