Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25?

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #1  

jbclbc

I know the new BX1850/BX2350/BX24 are just getting to dealers but I was just curious as to what the speculation was about the evolution of Glide Steer... I'm assuming it cost Kubota bit of $$$ to develop it. As far as I can tell they are only selling Glide Steer on the GR2000/GR2100 might it evolve up the product line? Imagine a BX with Glide Steer: imagine if you could turn it on/off too. Just a thought on a cold January evening...

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25?
Since yesterday over 100 people have looked at my question... nobody thinks Glide Steer would be a good/bad idea on a larger tractor?

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #3  
I might not be the only dummy who has no clue what "glide steering" is?

Hard to comment on something you know nothing about.

ron

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #4  
Sounds like your typical non-locking open differential to me.
Maybe one of the dealers here could explain it better.

KO

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #5  
I'd be glad to comment if I knew what glide steer was /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BC

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #6  
GLIDE STEER

Then click on the glide steer in the lower left hand corner.

from http://kubota.com/f/products/GR2000-GR2100G_features.pdf :
"Heres how our new technology works. Whenever
starting a turn on either the GR2000 or GR2100, the
inside rear wheel begins to track freely. Thus, enabling a
tight turn while preventing damage to the turf... For the sharpest turn possible, both front wheels turn an
incredible 70 degrees."

The uncut circle with the 54" deck is only a few inches.

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #8  
in a nut shell, its full time 4WD with an extra rear clutch pack for each rear tire. When you turn the front tires a clutch is engauged that unhooks the inside rear tire from the driveline. This way you can turn those tight corners without the inside tire pushing you out of the turn and scuffing the grass. It works really well, I've been really impressed with it.

There are probably some concerns with the technology on a large tractor. I'd be curious what kind of stress would be on those clutch plates while doing ground engauging or loader work. I'm not engineer, but I'd be surprised to see this outside lawn equipment.

/ Glide Steer Evolution BX1860/BX2360/BX25? #9  
Looks like a fix for a non-problem on the BX. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I disagree. I think the turning radius on a BX could be improved. I was just curious if anyone thought Glide Steer might be implemented on something above a GR as such an improvement.

The GC2310 has just been updated. All Deere needs to do is release a BH for the 2305 and they'll have something similar to the BX24 (Woods not withstanding). I feel that Kubota is the segment leader, but they have to keep improving their product or the others will catch up. After trying out Glide Steer I was impressed. I wish a BX could turn as well. For that matter I wish my Ford F250SD coulld turn better too.