B7500 tire type?

/ B7500 tire type? #1  

Jeff396

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Here I go again wondering if I made the right tire choice or not. I have purchased the B7500 HSD with La301 Fel, 60" mmm and grass catcher. The dealer gave me the choice of whichever tire I wanted and I chose the R4. I figured that not enough tire with the loader might be more of a problem than too much tire for the lawn. From the ground contact surface of the R4 it doesn't seem to me that they will be that much more damaging to the grass than the turfs.....any opinions? We have 2.25 acres of grass with many slopes. I haven't noticed that it gets unusually soft after a rain. The dealer will also be adding ballast to the rears.

Jeff

/ B7500 tire type? #2  
I have R4's on my 2710 (not loaded) and I don't notice any problems mowing. I just slow down when I'm going to turn. On a steep uphill I have to put it in 4WD or the rear tires will spin and dig up the yard but that's only on a really steep uphill. I think you made a good choice especially for any loader work or any work in the woods etc.

/ B7500 tire type? #3  
Jeff, I have R4s on my B7500 with ballast. I have one low area that stays damp, and that is the only place on the property that gets tire marks. I have a small number of slopes which usually stay dry, and I get no tread marking there. I think the R4 is a good choice if you will be doing any snow removal - that was the compelling reason for me.

/ B7500 tire type? #4  
I have r4's on my b7500 and am pleased, they were the right choice. I mow 5 acres on a hilly lot. Just as an fyi, what was the total price for you tractor, mmm and 302 fel?

nhman

/ B7500 tire type?
I also got the grass catcher for about $16145. On top of that was delivery which was quite a distance but no sales tax. I know this isn't the lowest price around but had difficulty getting what I wanted locally. Harder to deal at a distance...just happy to have it in the works!!!

Jeff

Buy high, sell low....I think it's a genetic problem!

/ B7500 tire type? #6  
R-4s no problem on the lawn unless its in 4wd

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis

/ B7500 tire type? #7  
i have r4's and theya re a good choice. as with everthing , sometimes u will wish u had something else. but for me they are the perfect comprmise. all tires in 4wd will tear up the ground. just slow it down and be careful

/ B7500 tire type? #8  
I also have the R4's - more for their puncture resistance than any thing else.

/ B7500 tire type?
Ah yes, upstate NY......THORNAPPLES!!!! My hometown is Rochester, NY and we still get back there at least once a year to see family. We used to have a terrible time keeping the air in our Case garden tractor tires because of Thornapples. You wouldn't think a tree could drop a needle as hard as a nail. Thanks for all the input, I'm feeling pretty good about my tire choice. I'm glad I switched from the turfs.

Jeff

/ B7500 tire type? #10  
Ya did just fine on that price. You're gonna love the tractor, it's a real goer.

nhman