Default Kubota M6800 & New Holand 451 Cutter Problem

I just recently purchased a M6800. I'm having a problem trying to attach a New Holand 451 cutter to it. We have had this cutter for many years using it on an older Massey 165. When I try to attach it to the kubota the lift arms are not long enough to attach the cutter. We also own a Kubota L2350 which seems to have the same problem. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Jeff [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100, JD Gator 6X4, Kubota L2350, JD 14T Baler, JD 894A Side Delivery Rake, IH 100 Balance Sickle Mower

Default Re: Kubota M6800 & New Holand 451 Cutter Problem

Maybe a picture would help?

Is the problem the lift arms aren't long enough to attack the cutter without the cutter hitting the back tires?

Tractor
    L5450, L48, L3250, L345

I have a Sperry New Holland 451 that has been on all 3 of my Kubotas. On older 451's the center link is adjustable for different size tractors. The rods have indents for the bolts that hold the cone stops. Maybe the center frame needs to be adjusted shorter for the Cat I/II 3ph ? Lift cable would need adjusting too, I think.

As always, prompt cheerful refund if info is bogus

I'll try to get a picture. Yes, the problem is the unit hits the back tires.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks, I try that.

Jeff

I meant, I'll try that.

Jeff

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota

I have a M6800 and use a NH 451 on it. NH makes a top link extender for the mower to make it work that cost around $100.00. This item is not hard to make if you have a welder and torch as I made mine. The funny thing is the mower want work on the new New Holland tractors either without the toplink entension. It works on my 3600 Ford and John Deere 5210 without the toplink entender. Call the New Holland dealer and they will fix you right up.

That's great info. Thanks for the reply. What part of SW Virginia are you in? I'm in Buena Vista.

Jeff

How long is the top link extender? It sounds like something I could make. Any pictures?

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff