L3430HSTC snow removal

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #1  

ctc1111

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
HEY, I'm thinking about purchasing a L3430HSTC for doing snow removal in my parking lot, and doing basic grounds maitance around the building. (no mowing though) I have a plow truck so it would be mostly loader work.

I made a mistake by getting the 2210 and I soon fuigered out it was to small for what I needed it to do.

If I buy this it would be by april. And I was wondering various peoples input on if this machine would be enough for doing loader work in a parking lot with snow.

The problems I had with the 2210 was it would not lift enough weight, I'd get a load of snow to the top of the pile and then the bucket would drop and I'd need to get out and shovel it out (this only happened with really wet heavy snow). The 2210 didn't have enough lift height either. The curtis cab is like a sound chamber, makes the tractor louder than before. And when it snows during the day and all the tenants are there parked in the lot , I need to keep it open but cannot fit my truck in there to plow down the middle, So I would use the 2210 but it couldn't push very much snow at all down the lot with the FEL.

I just really want to make sure this would be the right machine. I don't want one so big that I can hardley manuver it around but I don't want one to small like the 2210. And I don't want to loose the tractor capibilities by getting a skid steer. THANKS! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #2  
ctc

i saw your 3030 past as well. The 3430 HSTC is a lot more tractor and you should be able to get it for about 25K. Not much more $$$ than you are looking at with the 3030.

/ L3430HSTC snow removal
Ya, I went to my dealer and checked out both the machines and got prices on both of them and easily determined that the 3430 would be a better value for what I'm doing. Just want to make sure its enough.

I've been bounceing all over the place on waht to do about this. I was origionally thinking skid steer, which would be perfect for the snow but not many other things. and I wouldn't like not haveing a steering wheel. then I was leaning towards the NH's but then i found out about Kubotas factory cab. So I also checked out JD's factory cabs but my local dealer is no good. I have had many bad expirences with them and the same people own all the local JD dealers. And my local Kubota dealer REALLY seems to have their stuff together.

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #4  
ctc

Yea, I guess it is up to you to decide about the HP but if you are not doing a lot of PTO work I don't see it as being the main issue. Sounds like you basically need a tractor on the heavy side. That factory cab is sweet!!! Not as sweet as the 20 series JD but the JD's price is /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Also I noticed that the 20 series is on the light side per hp/ class. Lots of HP for the size of the tractor but you would have to get into the 4320 to get into the same weight category as the 3430 HSTC is in. And now with the 4320/4520/4720 with cab you are really looking at some big, big $$$$. To me, in this aspect, the value of this heavier Grand L series is quite substantial.

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #5  
Collin,

I have the L3430HSTC, but unfortunately we haven't had enough snow here where I can comment on snow removal. However, I do like the factory cab. For the FEL, I recommend that you get the LA723 and possibly the quick attach. I believe that the higher capacity and additional bucket roll back is worth the extra cost.

Jim

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #6  
I did some snow removal with my 3430hst and it's equipped with the 723 loader /quik-tach and heavy duty bucket. No problem whatsoever filling the bucket with wet snow or pushing big piles around. 3430 is a great unit!

/ L3430HSTC snow removal #7  
Ditto what Airmale said. I also have a L3430HSTC with 723 FEL (quick-attach) and 72" HD bucket. I have used it three winters up here in Minnesota and it works great. Cab is quiet and cozy. FEL hydraulics are as quick and powerful.

OrangeGuy