B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower

/ B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower #1  

Lane

Bronze Member
Does two different 72" mower decks actually exist for the B3030?

The RC72-30B mid mount mower depicted on the Kubota website (1st photo below) is stated to be a "drive-over" type and I assume it is suspended from the tractor frame via a parallel linkage. It's caster wheels look smaller than those in the second image below.

bxmow1.jpg

The second photo below is of a B3030HSDC with a mid mount mower attached. It appears in the B3030 photo gallery and the mower seems to be different than the image of the RC72-30B above. This mower appears to have larger front and rear casters suspended from a bar that traverses the mower deck from front to rear. This deck appears to be designed for constant ground contact.

thumb11.jpg
Larger image: B3030 HSDC with Mower

I am considering purchasing a B3030 soon and would like to know if these are actually two different decks in these photos. Dealers I have spoken to only seem to know about one 72" deck being available and that it's part number is RC72-30B. None of them have the mower in stock.

If anyone can confirm which photo best represents their B3030 72" mid mount mower it would sure help me out. Thanks!

/ B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower #2  
Greetings,
The problem with the website picture is that it shows 2 60" decks as opposed to the 60 and 72" deck. There is only (1) 72" drive over mid mount deck available from Kubota. There is a 72" rear mount you can also get. The 60" deck is NOT a drive over deck. The bottom picture of the cab tractor has the 72" deck
I have the 3030 and mid mount 72" deck and it does a great job and installs in minutes once you have done it a couple of times.
Jeff

/ B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower
Thanks Chessie and that makes perfect sense why one could get confused. I thought the photo was of a 60" deck in front and a 72" deck behind it.

Does the full weight of the 72" deck ride on the caster wheels or is it suspended from the tractor? My dealer calls the wheels "anti-scalp" wheels and thinks that they do not contact the ground except on uneven surfaces to prevent scalping.

/ B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower #4  
All the belly mowers for the B-series tractors are ground contact decks except for the RCK54-75B deck that is optional for the B7510. The ground contact deck uses the gauge wheels to set cutting height. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ B3030HSD Mid Mount Mower #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does the full weight of the 72" deck ride on the caster wheels or is it suspended from the tractor? )</font>
Only when the caster wheels are touching the ground. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif