Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Difference Between BX 54" BX Mowers

With the CinC's approval, I've decided to keep my L3830 and just buy a mower (instead of selling it a getting a BX24 or similar). Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what to get. I know I could get by with a riding mower, but I really need 4x4 and I can't bring myself to spend the money it takes to get that, with out jumping up to a SCUT.

So....

I see that kubota is offering a "Fine-Cut" RCK54P23BX and a standard RCK54-23BX. What is the major difference between the two and which one would guys recommend for a slightly bumpy 1 acre lawn.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX-2360

Default Re: Difference Between BX 54" BX Mowers

The "fine-cut" is basically a mulching deck, and is quite a bit deeper than the standard deck. So I guess if you mulch, it's nicer. Me, mine gets too thick to mulch, so I prefer the other to throw it is much as possible without windrowing...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Re: Difference Between BX 54" BX Mowers

thanks for the info. I've got it narrowed down between the BX and the TZ, I'm just waiting for the kubota dealer to give me the "best" price.