Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh.

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh. #1  

bigdave258

Never owned a tractor and looking for an objective opinion between the two. Such as cost, horsepower, service, parts and longevity. I've recently bought 5 acres in lower Baton Rouge area(flat lands), also have land in Nacitoches (hills) but nothing to steep. So I'm wondering whats the best bang for my buck and any web sites with price info on the two.

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh. #2  
As far as pricing I can point out this web site. All kinds of prices.

STATE OF MN

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh.
Appreciate the info... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh. #4  
Its all quite objective. But if i may.Go with the Kubota!

my good friend lent me his Mahindra with just 5 hours on it. I was and always will be grateful for that but the tractor was just not made with the best quality parts. Sorry Mahindra folks. After 20hours things just started to loosen up and fall off or just get out of line.
I broke a backhoe tooth off in not to tuff a ground twice!
The motor and drive line seemed tight, maybe a little under powered but tight. Dont plan on lifting to much with the FEL like logging bigger diameter stuff or lots of wet sand,dirt or rocks. Good for light ranch work ,mowing,disc'en......ect

funny thing is my friend and i were talking tractor. A high priced machine vs a lower priced machine (K vs M) he always had good luck with his suzue tractor. He could have bought any tractor he wanted and he choose Mahindra 2615. Its what he needed for the job's he was a doing and a good price $21,000 FEL,backhoe? maybe $20,000. I would ask him but he passed recently /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

After having his for a few weeks I decided to go with a Kubota that was a tuff choice as well but thats when i got my L48. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thats my 8cents

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh. #5  
BigDave,

Here is a link to a Kubota dealer that seems to be a favorite here.

Aldermans
They show list prices but I think some of them may be a little off. But a great tool none the less. It seems that the average retail is around 15% off list. But you folks from the the south seem to turn up getting better prices than most of us Yanks. I'm also looking at the L2800 but have not looked at the Mahindra. L2800 seems to be a great basic tractor. Consider also the NH TC30 and the JD 790. They all have plenty of fans here and it appears that really your biggest choice is what color do you like the most.

On a side note. Aldermans is one of my local dealers and though they are not paying me to say this ( although I will accept payment ) they are a great bunch of guys there. Very helpful and willing to spend time with me to choose an appropriate tractor.

Good luck in your search and share what you find with us all.

Tiny

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh. #6  
I just went through this same decision process - I could get a Mahindra 2615 with FEL and brush hog for ~ $14K. I decided to go with the Kubota for ~ $15K. For that difference, I went with the "name" brand. I originally wanted a Kubota, but thought there would be a bigger price difference. I just have a couple of hours on my 2800 so far, but really like it. I'll put it through the ringer and report back.

/ Kubota L2800 or Mahindra 2615 4wh.
Thx for the help fella's I appreciate it, gonna start tomorrow w/ the dealers and see what they quote me. I'll start with the Kubota dealers and work around from there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif