Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default ANYONE BOUGHT A NEW M SERIES?

Okay I see folks buying M series tractors here, but has anyone bought one of the NEW M series tractors?? I'm interested in how the machine is performing and if the oil gets black as quick as the indirect style of engine.

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Default Re: ANYONE BOUGHT A NEW M SERIES?

Round here in Central VA, some dealers don't even expect to see them until the end of May.

The demand seems to be here already....

-Mike Z.

Well my new M7040 was shipped by truck from the northern Calif plant today and should be at my dealer by Wednesday. (Barring the truck does not crash!) I will give a full report when I take delivery. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm going to keep my L39. I hope this takes care of my grading needs once and for all!

Silver Member

I'm sure (We hope) you will include many photos in your "Full Report" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Did you get the cab too?

FEL?

Can't wait to hear the news!

No cab. ROPS with a kubota orange cover, FEL with Kubota factory option third function valve for grapple, bolt on HD bucket blade edge, R4 tires, 80" Gearmore 4G5 box blade custom ordered from Gearmore painted Kubota orange, not black, top and tilt with dual tilt cylinders, hydraulic shuttle shift and standard 8 speed trans. Better than sex! I wanted the engine turbocharged, but the turbo units (8540/9540) are too big of a tractor. I'm hoping this will be a good all around grading tractor. The only thing that worries me is 11.2 GPM on the M7040 VS the 23.0 GPM on the L39. I hope the FEL is as stout as the L39's.

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Did you buy sight unseen? What price range for that beast?
    If you don't mind me prodding?

-Mike Z.

I have not bought it yet. I did a lot of research, ordered it, and will demo it for a week when it gets in. That is after they install the top and tilt system. Were looking at around $34-35,000.000 OTD.

If this machine is not what I want, then I will most likely get an L48. The L48 is a good match for my needs, I just don't want HST if I don't have to get it. I spoke with a kubota west coast rep who told me the L48 should be on the board for a complete redo like the L35 was in around two year models. I can't wait that long. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Believe it or not, I've even been looking at a JD 4720. THAT will be my last choice, even though I keep hearing it's a good machine. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Palmer Divide in El Paso County, Colorado
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 (2007)

Just a thought...

Since you are considering the 4720, and it sounds like you may want/preffer a turboed engine, and you are looking at the new M series sized tractors (which look to be very nice in their own right), have you thought about a 5x25 series JD?

They are all turbo charged. PTO HP ratings are: 5225 @ 45, 5325 @ 55, 5425 @ 65, 5525 @ 75.

All are available with the 542 MSL FEL. It's rated to full height at 3214 lbs at the pivot, 2381 lbs at 800 mm (29") ahead of the pivot, and 3960 lbs to 59" height at 800 mm ahead of the pivot. The bucket level lift height is 121". You can order it with a SSL attachment system if desired.

All are available with 3-spool mid mount joystick FEL controls AND 3-spool rear SCVs.

Note that the 5425 and 5525 are rated at 6.6 GPM for steering use and 18.4 GPM @ 2828 PSI MAX for implement use (25 GPM total). The 5225 and 5325 are rated at 5.9 GPM for steering and 13.5 GPM @ 2828 PSI MAX for implements (19.4 GPM total).

All are available with 12F/12R or 24F/24R power reverser transmissions. The 24/24 is the 12/12 with a push button high low.

All are available with the 540/540E PTO. The E stands for "economy" and means you run the engine at 1900 RPM to get the rated 540 RPM PTO speed versus running at 2400 RPM to get the full rated 540 RPM PTO HP. That can save a LOT of fuel if you don't need the full rated PTO HP for some tasks.

Again, just a thought...

Interesting. I never looked at them, as I always thought they were an AG tractor.

Palmer Divide in El Paso County, Colorado
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 (2007)

Well, yes, the 5x25 is considered a small utility AG tractor.

The new kubota M-40 series are also considered small utility AG tractors.

The JD 5x25 series and Kubota M-40 series are direct apples to apples competitors to each other in size, weight, and HP.

Note that the new M9540 is one step higher in HP (85 PTO HP) than JD is offering in the 5x25 series (75 PTO HP max).

Picking from these two tractor series is going to be a very difficult task. JD does offer some optional "fancier" electro-hydraulic 3PH and PTO and transmission controlls as well as the all turbo motor line-up. But, some might consider these features "detriments". To each their own.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast