Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #1  

dannyk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota and John Deere tractors 20-40HP; skid steer loader
I just want to confirm what my Kubota salesman told me, namely that Kubota doesn't provide a front remote for front auxiliary hydraulics to use a grapple or 4n1 bucket on the L Series tractors. I'm specifically thinking of the L3430. He says that it can be done using a rear remote, but that the hoses then have to be run from the rear of the tractor up to the front. It's apparently a different story on the L-39, where there is a front remote auxiliary outlet to run a grapple or 4n1. Correct?

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #2  
I believe many people are using w.r.long front hyd. unit I have one on the M9000 and one on L4630. real nice set up.

www.wrlonginc.com

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #3  
I had to run hoses to the front from the standard remote valve location to operate my grapple. Not a big deal but I did have QD's at the loader mount frame and at the front of the loader at the cross member

Vernon

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #4  
Your dealer is correct. You do have several options. You can run hoses from one of the rear remotes, you can get either a diverter with joystick button or a electric/hydraulic solenoid spool with joystick button.

The kits of choice seem to be the ones from WR Long. I have the electric/hydraulic solenoid spool. You can also roll your own by purchasing the parts from a supplier like Surplus Center. However, finding a nice joystick button setup outside of a kit will be difficult if not impossible.

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #5  
Mad,

Is it also possible to run from the Power Beyond port into another valve body and then back to where the PB is currently connected?

I have a three position loader valve and I can't get the chute rotator on my snow blower to turn both directions currently. I need to figure out how to plumb this so that I can rotate in both directions. Any advice on a simple solution?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Auxiliary front hydraulics on L Series #6  
Sure, why not. It's the same as hooking up remotes if you either don't have a rear aux hydraulic block or you don't want to use the factory block.

All you do is disconnect the loader's PB outlet line, either at the loader valve or at the block, and place your valve in series with the the break. Then tee your tank line into the loader's tank line. Simple.

If you only have a 3-way valve it might be cheaper to just upgrade to the 4-way valve. All your would have to do is unhook the 7 hoses and unbolt the existing valve, replace with the new valve and reconnect the hoses. Probably cost just about as much a adding hoses, fittings, and a new one spool valve.