Recovered GREEN Kubota

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #1  

Anonymous Poster

NEW Kubota, BX2200D-60 ser # 61438, with front end loader LA211FL, serial #18238, now wearing a very nice coat of John Deer GREEN paint has been recovered.
It seems one of Hilton's local pisspots stold the tractor, and drove it home, a distance of about 3 miles, at night, without being spotted. Well, the not being spotted part is beleivable, given the quality of the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
As the story goes, tha lad's father helped his darling son prepare and paint said orange tractor John Deer Green, in the family garage. Actually, it's quite a good paint job.
The Sheriff's "investigators" were finally unable to ignore a dozen of the lad's schoolmates informing them of comments said delinquent had made in school. "Investigators" finally, well there was an election, were able to complete the difficult task of locating said delinquent's home address, and went to the pisspot's house, where they found a new GREEN tractor.
Amazingly, "Investigators" determined said GREEN tractor wasn't a John Deer, and impounded said tractor.
No comments will be made regarding this case in the near future. There seems to be a theory of the crime that goes along the lines that the culprits intended to use the tractor, and felt nobody would notice a new GREEN John Deer.
It's nice to see a father and his son cooperating on a tractor project.

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #2  
I'd throw them in jail just for painting a Kubota GREEN!

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #3  
I agree. How dare they degrade deere's name by trying to call a kubota a deere. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #4  
Do you try to sell it now, as is, at half price, or do you remove all that green paint and repaint it?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #5  
OR- Do you raise the ASKING PRICE for NO apparent reason!!

2410 FEL LA352

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #6  
Congratulations on the recovery of your rig. I guess on the good side, if there is one, it was some punk instead of a ring of thieves stealing tractors and transporting them across state lines. At least others in your area won't have to worry. But isn't it nice to see families doing things together again!/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Jeff

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Jeff396 on 11/09/01 08:52 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #7  
It is just unbelieveable what people with stoop to doing. I am not talking stealing tractors... I am talking about all of you guys taking pot shot at the other brands......hahaha.....

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #8  
<font color=blue>I guess on the good side, if there is one, it was some punk instead of a ring of thieves stealing tractors and transporting them across state lines. </font color=blue>

Of course the down side of this is that if it had been transported across state lines, interstate commerce laws would apply and they would amost certainly do jail time. Local punk, maybe first offence, will get probation.

8-72214-signature.jpg

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #9  
There is one other consideration, too: It's highly unlikely it'll get stolen again - after all, it's the world's only green Kubota - unless, of course, the prospective thief is as stupid as the first two. Hmmm, given that disclaimer, I guess it's not much of a consideration at all... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Recovered GREEN Kubota #10  
Franz,
You talked about them doing a good paint job on it. Isn't it amazing that these guys have this skill and will go to all the effort and work to steal the tractor, repaint it, etc. but won't go out and do an honest job and pay for one honestly. Heck doing one paint job a month would probably pay the payments on the dang thing. I just don't understand people.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF