Bought a new tractor today(first post)

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #1  

leeinmemphis

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 5040 with FEL
Hey everyone,

I have downsized farms this year and gone from maintaining 600 acres between two farms to one 100 acre farm. Last year I purchased a m95 4x4 with cab/air and it is just total overkill for the place that I have now. I traded in my tractor on a 5040 4x4 open air tractor with a front end loader. The smaller tractor will be a better fit for the new place and not having a tractor note will be great as well. I was curious if anyone here has one of these tractors and what they think of them? Before the m95 I had a Kubota 5400 4x4 for probably 10-11 years and it was a great machine. I'm hoping for the same dependability/capability out of this machine that I had on the 5400........The dealer had to order the loader but they should deliver it by Saturday.

Great site by the way. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #2  
The new 5040 you got is a great tractor. I've seen one in my dealers lot, a lot of tractor for the price. It has a VERY ROBUST front end loader, which you can have some serious fun with the standard skid steer quick connect.

What do you plan on doing with it? This might help in generating more opinions.

Please post some pics when you take delivery and let us know what u think.

Thanks, John

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post)
I have recently acquired a new farm that is 100 acres and mostly in mature hardwoods and pine. There is 4-5 acres of fields and I have put in alot of trails with a d4 dozer to gain access to the property. I am planning on maintaining all of these trails/fields with a 7' bush hog that I have had for a couple of years. Some of the other implements I have include auger, spreader, spray rig, 3ph turfline disc, forks for bucket, harrow. I am going to be looking for a tiller as well but that is probably a month or two away and I would also like to get a planter for corn/sunflowers, and a 8' tow (hydraulic lift)behind disc. I need to sell my batwing before I jump into looking for those implements.

For the most part I will be bush hogging a few times a year and putting in a few food plots. Also will be using it to haul lime to ponds and for general upkeep/maintenance on our farm. For the money I think I did good. If I hadn't of traded for the m95 last year the 5400 I had would have been perfect. This is about as close a match as I could find. To date I've had Kubotas and 1 international tractor. I knew I wanted to stay with Kubota if possible. I had my 5400 for probably 10-11 years and never had to turn a wrench on it for anything other than routine maintenance. I would have preferred a 7040 but they said it would be 6 weeks until they could get me one and I need to get some work done and can't wait that long.

-lee-

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #4  
I had been lookve ng at a 4330 or 4630 but man did I fall in love with the M5040. I wished you lived closer. It is about $6000 cheaper than the equiv. JD. The only thing I liked on the JD 5xxx series was the combo class 1,2 thingy that revolves around in the end of the 3 point hitch.
Post so picts. Did you get a FEL.

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #6  
Hey, Welcome to TBN. Post some pictures of that 5040 in action when you start using it. It looks like a fine machine and I wanna here some operations tales.

-Mike Z.

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #7  
I saw a 5040 with loader at a dealership this evening (dealer was already closed). I am researching to upgrade and probably do not need a tractor this large, but I was impressed with the tractor. What kind of price range are we looking at for the 5040 with loader?
Thanks, Terry

The tractor 4x4 with loader, one set of rear hydraulic connections and roof $24,750. otd.

/ Bought a new tractor today(first post) #9  
Are you sure about the price???

I have been quoted by my dealer the prices below:
$ 22,700 M5040, 4x4 Industrial tires R4, Hydroshuttle Trans
$ 5,250 LA1153 loader w/72"QT bucket & grill guard

27,950 total, with additional sales tax of $1,500-2000

30,000 Grand Total !!!!!!

I hope I didn't get ripped off, one is on order for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would be greatfull for any replies, thanks.

100% certain. I also didn't have to pay tax due to it being used on a farm in the state of Tn. I have also bought a few tractors from them over the years so I may have got a little better break. I did not opt for the optional hydroshuttle transmission this time.