Buying Advice advice in deciding which model to buy

/ advice in deciding which model to buy #1  

jinalee

Hi I am having a hard time deciding between the BX24 and B7800 models. This is my first tractor. I rented the Allmand 35hp tractor for a month to see if I could handle the machine, and I fell in love with what it can do. I am definitely buying Kubota, but I don't know what model I need. I have 6 acres of wooded, sloped, rough ground, 1 acre of paddock, and a quarter mile of hilly driveway. My property has rocky soil. I would like to use the tracker to clear trails of saplings, weeds, fallen branches, and rocks, and also to remove snow and mow the grassy paddock (with bush hog). I am also thinking of buying a backhoe to create some landscaping around the house. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

jinalee

/ advice in deciding which model to buy #2  
Big difference in capabilities and price. IMO, if you are thinking numerous big projects and mowing is not your main task...the 7800 is MUCH more tractor imo. I think if you do some searches on the forum you will see several other folks making, or having made similiar choices. Some went small and were happy, others wish they had gone bigger. Not many people regretted going bigger, assuming they didn't get wild and get into the 30-40hp tractor for their 2 acres. Subcuts and Cuts are similiar in manuverability but noticeably different in capability and price imo. I was set for the BX2350 until combing this forum and taking a good hard look at my property and the tasks at hand. I am pretty set on a B7510, somewhat smaller than the 7800 but bigger than the BX. Have fun. Again do a search on those models...you'll be sure to get good info.

/ advice in deciding which model to buy #3  
After re-reading your post...sounds like the 7800 is the best choice. The BX might be a bit undersized.

/ advice in deciding which model to buy #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After re-reading your post...sounds like the 7800 is the best choice. The BX might be a bit undersized. )</font>

I loved someones quote on here..

"I never heard of anyone saying I wish I had less power"...

Now that's fact, and that's funny, I don't care who ya are.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif