Purchased New L3400 Today.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #1  

BigDamnFool

Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
After months of research and deliberation I went to the dealer and bought a new L3400 HST. I had initially decided to go with an L2800 and talked myself into the L3400 for the extra HP. I didn't want to have buyers remorse later on and say " I wish I would have spent the extra money then. " To help with that decision the dealer made it only a $700 difference between the two.

Bought
L3400 HST W/ Loader, Toothbar, and 3 bucket hooks with reinforcements
R4's loaded w/ Rim Guard
5' Rotary cutter
6' Box blade
6' Rear blade
6' Landscape rake

Paid: $19481.74 with tax shipped to my house and 50 hour service with pickup and delivery thrown in the deal.

Found out dealer lives 3 miles from my house so it isn't that far out of the way for him to drop off and pick up. I see a good relationship brewing there.

To make my week even better, on Monday I purchased a slightly used Ferris ZTR for lawn duties. Got what I thought was a pretty good deal and made my mowing job easier.

Now if I can only get the Hooters girls to feed me unlimited Brontosaurus Burgers and go swimming in a pool of beer, My male fantasy week will be complete. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Taking delivery on tractor next Friday. I will take pictures of my new baby and post them when I get it. It may take a week or two as I will be moving next week and will not be hooked up to the outside world for a few. Will also post a few action photos as tractor will get put to use immeadiately on my crumbling foundation replacement project. I sure hope the FEL can lift up the house!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks to all who have helped me on my journey to new tractor land. I've got a million projects I'm sure I will be asking for advice on how to complete. Or at least near complete, I'd hate to actually have to scratch something off my "Honey-Do" list.

Tiny

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #2  
Congradulations!

I hope you enjoy your L3400HST as much as I do mine. I have 60 hours now. Mostly mowing and a bit of snow blowing.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #3  
I don't think you can go wrong for a 700.00 difference.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #4  
I test drove L3400 today, and I am trying to decide between B7800 and L3400. The price difference is only $1200. Are you happy with L3400 for mowing? I read several posts that L3400 would be too heavy for mowing. I don't have that much mowing to do, but still concerned. Also the dealer quoted me $14,300 for L3400, $3,260 for LA463 FEL, and $6,300 for BH75. Do you think this is a good price? Thanks

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #5  
I test drove L3400 today, and I am trying to decide between B7800 and L3400. The price difference is only $1200. Are you happy with L3400 for mowing? I read several posts that L3400 would be too heavy for mowing. I don't have that much mowing to do, but still concerned. Also the dealer quoted me $14,300 for L3400, $3,260 for LA463 FEL, and $6,300 for BH75. Do you think this is a good price? Thanks

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #6  
Congratulations!

I have 12 hours on my L3400HST and have loved every minute of them.

The only thing I wish I had done differently is gone for a 6ft rotary cutter instead of my 5ft Woods. It would make mowing by the fenceline easier.

You folks in America get a pretty sweet deal on these machines compared to us here in Canada. Just my tractor and loader were $22500 CDN - that is still more in US$ after conversion than what you paid for your entire rig. Ballast box, rotary cutter, taxes and so on are extra.

I haven't been able to find anyone that will load tires with RIMGUARD up here either.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #7  
Congratulations!

I have 12 hours on my L3400HST and have loved every minute of them.

The only thing I wish I had done differently is gone for a 6ft rotary cutter instead of my 5ft Woods. It would make mowing by the fenceline easier.

You folks in America get a pretty sweet deal on these machines compared to us here in Canada. Just my tractor and loader were $22500 CDN - that is still more in US$ after conversion than what you paid for your entire rig. Ballast box, rotary cutter, taxes and so on are extra.

I haven't been able to find anyone that will load tires with RIMGUARD up here either.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #8  
Jinalee:

I think you will be plenty happy with the L3400 over the B7800. It is not THAT heavy a machine. If your primary application was finish mowing, I'd steer you towards the B3030 or B7800 with a MMM.

For mixed use with some finish mowing thrown in, the L3400 with industrial tires will do just fine. You will appreciate the extra weight and larger frame doing other things. If you mow when your ground is really wet / soft then get turfs.

IMHO, you get a a lot more machine for that extra $1200.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #9  
Jinalee:

I think you will be plenty happy with the L3400 over the B7800. It is not THAT heavy a machine. If your primary application was finish mowing, I'd steer you towards the B3030 or B7800 with a MMM.

For mixed use with some finish mowing thrown in, the L3400 with industrial tires will do just fine. You will appreciate the extra weight and larger frame doing other things. If you mow when your ground is really wet / soft then get turfs.

IMHO, you get a a lot more machine for that extra $1200.

/ Purchased New L3400 Today. #10  
Good for you, Tiny. I wish I had filled my tires. Let us know how you like using the landscape rake. Shawn