Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's...

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
Never thought I\'d be asking this, are the BX\'s...

any good for mowing yards? I see Kubota sells a BX 24 as well as a couple of models like the 2350 and 1850 or something like that and show a fine cut MMM. I would just get a mower but when I sell my L3830 HST, I think a loader will still be quite handy, thus the BX type tractor. I would want a grass catcher as well because out here, its dry enough to the point that the grass does not really decay but sits there. Those with BX's let me know especially if you have a BX with Kubotas "fine cut" MMM. Thanks, Rat.

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's...
Never thought I\'d be asking this, are the BX\'s...

any good for mowing yards? I see Kubota sells a BX 24 as well as a couple of models like the 2350 and 1850 or something like that and show a fine cut MMM. I would just get a mower but when I sell my L3830 HST, I think a loader will still be quite handy, thus the BX type tractor. I would want a grass catcher as well because out here, its dry enough to the point that the grass does not really decay but sits there. Those with BX's let me know especially if you have a BX with Kubotas "fine cut" MMM. Thanks, Rat.

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #3  
Re: Never thought I\'d be asking this, are the BX\'s...

Yes I have a Kubota BX2230 with a 60" MMM,and a FEL.The BX's love to cut grass and do it very well.I have had several different lawn tractors in the past,and this BX really inpresses me.This tractor turns much tighter than tractors much smaller,the power steering is great.My yard looks as good as it ever did so no complaints.And I still don't know how I got by for 28 years of home ownership without a loader.People should ask for a loader as a wedding gift. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #4  

Yes I have a Kubota BX2230 with a 60" MMM,and a FEL.The BX's love to cut grass and do it very well.I have had several different lawn tractors in the past,and this BX really inpresses me.This tractor turns much tighter than tractors much smaller,the power steering is great.My yard looks as good as it ever did so no complaints.And I still don't know how I got by for 28 years of home ownership without a loader.People should ask for a loader as a wedding gift. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #5  

I've been considering the BX 2350 for the 1.5 acres I have. I've got about 28,000 sq ft of lawn to mow but lots of obstacles to go around & under. I'm concerned about the 7' turning radius and the height of the rollbar. I would have occasional use of the FEL and scraper but am not sure this is the way to go. I've got a Cub Cadet direct driver lawn tractor which does a fair job of mowing but struggles with mulching.

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #6  

I've been considering the BX 2350 for the 1.5 acres I have. I've got about 28,000 sq ft of lawn to mow but lots of obstacles to go around & under. I'm concerned about the 7' turning radius and the height of the rollbar. I would have occasional use of the FEL and scraper but am not sure this is the way to go. I've got a Cub Cadet direct driver lawn tractor which does a fair job of mowing but struggles with mulching.

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #7  

Yeah, it cut grass pretty well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll try to be subjective but I'm sure my bias will show through so what the hey, at least it won't be smoke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have the BX23 w/the 60" MMM and the cut is as good if not better than any of my previous riding lawn mowers and I'm still useing the std blades. I've read where some have modified gator blades to work on the BX MMM and have reported even better results.

The lower ground clearance is actually a benefit when mowing on inclines and the power steering & HST make it just about effortless to operate. It's hard to convince teh Mrs that it's work when I highly enjoy the seat time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't have the Kubota grass catcher so someone else will have to report on that.
I use a Cyclone Rake. Since I finish mow 2.5 acres, I don't vaccum when I mow per se as it would take way too many trips to dump the clippings. I mow to where I blow the clippings into several windrows and when I've finished mowing I hook up the CR then go back & pickup the windrows. This setup works well for me as I can knock out the mowing and pickup in less than 2 hrs. I also enjoy the resultant mulch the following spring.
The BX & MMM run so smooth that ear plugs are not needed.

The fuel economy is very good also. My former 23hp Kohler Vtwin w/48" cut would use nearly 3 gals to mow & bag the same 2.5 acres my 22hp BX23 uses about half that, and the BX23 weighs in at nearly 1k lbs more!

I mow with the FEL & BH dismounted as it not only makes manuvering around my many trees and other obstacles easier but also lightens the BX23 up by about 1K lbs which makes it more nimble on the grass. I have done some small patch type mowing with the FEL and BH on but not often. They are so easy to mount/dismount that I take them off to mow.

The fully floating MMM reduces gouging and gives an even cut on uneven land. It's also easier on the mower since it doesn't ride on ground contact wheels. The pic is of my former garden and pasture and it's still pretty rough but the cut makes it look much smoother than it really is.
Go give one a test and see how it feels.
Good luck
Volfandt

Attachments

• 890239-BX23 July mow 2005 006.jpg
    890239-BX23 July mow 2005 006.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 454
   / Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #8  

Yeah, it cut grass pretty well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll try to be subjective but I'm sure my bias will show through so what the hey, at least it won't be smoke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have the BX23 w/the 60" MMM and the cut is as good if not better than any of my previous riding lawn mowers and I'm still useing the std blades. I've read where some have modified gator blades to work on the BX MMM and have reported even better results.

The lower ground clearance is actually a benefit when mowing on inclines and the power steering & HST make it just about effortless to operate. It's hard to convince teh Mrs that it's work when I highly enjoy the seat time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't have the Kubota grass catcher so someone else will have to report on that.
I use a Cyclone Rake. Since I finish mow 2.5 acres, I don't vaccum when I mow per se as it would take way too many trips to dump the clippings. I mow to where I blow the clippings into several windrows and when I've finished mowing I hook up the CR then go back & pickup the windrows. This setup works well for me as I can knock out the mowing and pickup in less than 2 hrs. I also enjoy the resultant mulch the following spring.
The BX & MMM run so smooth that ear plugs are not needed.

The fuel economy is very good also. My former 23hp Kohler Vtwin w/48" cut would use nearly 3 gals to mow & bag the same 2.5 acres my 22hp BX23 uses about half that, and the BX23 weighs in at nearly 1k lbs more!

I mow with the FEL & BH dismounted as it not only makes manuvering around my many trees and other obstacles easier but also lightens the BX23 up by about 1K lbs which makes it more nimble on the grass. I have done some small patch type mowing with the FEL and BH on but not often. They are so easy to mount/dismount that I take them off to mow.

The fully floating MMM reduces gouging and gives an even cut on uneven land. It's also easier on the mower since it doesn't ride on ground contact wheels. The pic is of my former garden and pasture and it's still pretty rough but the cut makes it look much smoother than it really is.
Go give one a test and see how it feels.
Good luck
Volfandt

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #9  

Hey Rat,
Just bought a Bx 24 about a month ago. I paid the last payment on the L3830. I wonderd if I would like it after owning the 3830 for 3 years. My father had the Bx 23. The Bx 24 is a class act. It gives an excellent cut and the power will surprise you. I really like the fact I can leave the backhoe on if I choose and still use the MMM. The back hoe seems to come off easier than my fathers, which have springs instead of pins. I love my 3830 and still have it but it was a little to big for some places I neede to go. after running my rear mower into to a guide line and knocking the power lines down along with meter boxes jerked off the wall I decided on having the Bx 24. I guess I took Henros route.

/ Never thought I'd be asking this, are the BX's... #10  

Hey Rat,
Just bought a Bx 24 about a month ago. I paid the last payment on the L3830. I wonderd if I would like it after owning the 3830 for 3 years. My father had the Bx 23. The Bx 24 is a class act. It gives an excellent cut and the power will surprise you. I really like the fact I can leave the backhoe on if I choose and still use the MMM. The back hoe seems to come off easier than my fathers, which have springs instead of pins. I love my 3830 and still have it but it was a little to big for some places I neede to go. after running my rear mower into to a guide line and knocking the power lines down along with meter boxes jerked off the wall I decided on having the Bx 24. I guess I took Henros route.