B3030 brake pedals

/ B3030 brake pedals #11  
Kubota putting the individual brakes on the right side of the platform has nothing to do with cost. It's all about safety. Traditionally, the individual brakes, with an interlock mechanism, has always been on the right side of ag tractors. I don't have to use an individual brakes very often on my Kubota L3430, but when I do, it's a very similar process to all the ag tractors I've driven. With an ag tractor, you already have chosen a speed (trans in gear) and when you need brake assistance to turn you depress the individual brake pedal to assist in the turn. With my L3430 I do essentially the same, I choose a speed (engage hydrostatic cruise control) and then use the individual brakes to assist in a turn. Should I run into any difficulties, Kubota has a safety mechanism built to stop the tractor (return hydro to neutral) by depressing both brakes. It's a great setup and one I find very comfortable to use.

I might add that if you are turning on an uphill slope and the front end of the tractor is skidding away from you, the tractor is warning you of a dangerous situation. You either need more front end weight or the hill you are on is too steep to safely maneuver.

I not sure on the Kubota B3030 if it has a clutch pedal on the left side, but if it does, it makes it an even safer tractor to operate. Depressing the clutch and the brakes at the same time provide the safest stopping mechanism.

OrangeGuy

/ B3030 brake pedals #12  
Kubota putting the individual brakes on the right side of the platform has nothing to do with cost. It's all about safety. Traditionally, the individual brakes, with an interlock mechanism, has always been on the right side of ag tractors. I don't have to use an individual brakes very often on my Kubota L3430, but when I do, it's a very similar process to all the ag tractors I've driven. With an ag tractor, you already have chosen a speed (trans in gear) and when you need brake assistance to turn you depress the individual brake pedal to assist in the turn. With my L3430 I do essentially the same, I choose a speed (engage hydrostatic cruise control) and then use the individual brakes to assist in a turn. Should I run into any difficulties, Kubota has a safety mechanism built to stop the tractor (return hydro to neutral) by depressing both brakes. It's a great setup and one I find very comfortable to use.

I might add that if you are turning on an uphill slope and the front end of the tractor is skidding away from you, the tractor is warning you of a dangerous situation. You either need more front end weight or the hill you are on is too steep to safely maneuver.

I not sure on the Kubota B3030 if it has a clutch pedal on the left side, but if it does, it makes it an even safer tractor to operate. Depressing the clutch and the brakes at the same time provide the safest stopping mechanism.

OrangeGuy

/ B3030 brake pedals #13  
When i traded in my B7500 for my B3030 it had over 700 hours on it and close to new brakes. They were the origional brakes, you just dont use them much on a hydro, when you let off the pedel the machine comes to a stop unless you are on a steepe incline.

/ B3030 brake pedals #14  
When i traded in my B7500 for my B3030 it had over 700 hours on it and close to new brakes. They were the origional brakes, you just dont use them much on a hydro, when you let off the pedel the machine comes to a stop unless you are on a steepe incline.

/ B3030 brake pedals #15  
Fpr me the need to brake assist turning occurs most often while mowing. I use the cruse control to set forward speed while using the brakes to assist the turn. I rarely use this since I generally keep the loader on but just drop the bucket for visibility. There is enough weight on the front wheels that they track OK.

Vernon

/ B3030 brake pedals #16  
Fpr me the need to brake assist turning occurs most often while mowing. I use the cruse control to set forward speed while using the brakes to assist the turn. I rarely use this since I generally keep the loader on but just drop the bucket for visibility. There is enough weight on the front wheels that they track OK.

Vernon

/ B3030 brake pedals #17  
Other than using cruise to use the brakes, your only other option would be a machine with a two-pedal HST system. All the Deeres use this system. The large chassis Case-New Hollands have two pedals. The Farmtracs and Montanas use two pedals as well as some Korean made CUTs like Tym and Mahindra's 10 series. Of course, you could always use the aforementioned cane. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 brake pedals #18  
Other than using cruise to use the brakes, your only other option would be a machine with a two-pedal HST system. All the Deeres use this system. The large chassis Case-New Hollands have two pedals. The Farmtracs and Montanas use two pedals as well as some Korean made CUTs like Tym and Mahindra's 10 series. Of course, you could always use the aforementioned cane. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B3030 brake pedals
I didn't think it had much to do with cost, other than they didn't want to have two different manufacturing runs for hydro versus gear drive.
I don't like the idea of having to lock the cruise control, use the brake of choice, then quickly disengage the cruise control, all with one foot. Not picking on my wife here, but she would struggle with that complexity.
I will primarily be mowing and I frequently mow on side slopes that require a diff lock at a minimum to keep on course. Are we saying that the B3030 won't stay on it's wheels in those conditions??? I've not personally looked at this machine, is it top heavy and too narrow???
I wasn't concerned about the brakes for stopping, only guiding.
Also some suggested a two pedal hydro system. That wouldnt have any affect on this issue either. A two pedal system simply uses your toe to go both directions rather than rocking back and using your heel to reverse. Same characteristics apply otherwise, releasing pedals stops machine. Everyone else seems to put the hydro pedal assembly on one side and the brake pedals on the other.
I just thought there was some simple solution to this issue that I was missing. Evidently not. Thanks to all for the responses!!!

/ B3030 brake pedals
I didn't think it had much to do with cost, other than they didn't want to have two different manufacturing runs for hydro versus gear drive.
I don't like the idea of having to lock the cruise control, use the brake of choice, then quickly disengage the cruise control, all with one foot. Not picking on my wife here, but she would struggle with that complexity.
I will primarily be mowing and I frequently mow on side slopes that require a diff lock at a minimum to keep on course. Are we saying that the B3030 won't stay on it's wheels in those conditions??? I've not personally looked at this machine, is it top heavy and too narrow???
I wasn't concerned about the brakes for stopping, only guiding.
Also some suggested a two pedal hydro system. That wouldnt have any affect on this issue either. A two pedal system simply uses your toe to go both directions rather than rocking back and using your heel to reverse. Same characteristics apply otherwise, releasing pedals stops machine. Everyone else seems to put the hydro pedal assembly on one side and the brake pedals on the other.
I just thought there was some simple solution to this issue that I was missing. Evidently not. Thanks to all for the responses!!!