BUYING A KUBOTA

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #1  

JLB

GENTLEMAN I NEED INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET A GOOD DEAL ON
A KUBOTA. I HAVE ONLY ONE ACRE, AND JUST STARTED CLEARING,
NEED BELLY MOWER,BACK HOE, LOADER,BACK BLADE.B2400?HST
WHAT MARKUP IS THERE IN A TRACTOR?USED OR NEW?

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #2  
The B20 is a nice package, but will not accept a belly mower. Do a search on the B20 and B2400 on both this board and the archive. Check out the website advertised on here and several others that are included in recent posts. Seems like some dealers sell at about cost plus 10% and cost is shown on the page of the dealer spec sheet. Look around a little and maybe someone can help answer your questions. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #3  
WHAT TYPE OF SALES MANAGER ARE YOU! PLEASE INFORM US ALL OF YOUR PROFIT MARGINS. SO WE CAN DETERMINE IF WE ARE PAYING TO MUCH FOR THE GOODS YOU SELL. I AM SURE YOUR FIRST RESPONCE IS F--- IE THATS NO ONE BUSSINESS. THE DEALER HAS TO PAY THE POWER BILL , PHONE ,AND HUNDREDS OF OTHER THINGS SO YES WE ONLY SELL TRACTOR AT A PROFIT. A FEW EXCEPTIONS SC.

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #4  
I have a question for the dealer---Have you ever heard of a twenty group? Just curious
Welcome to the year 2000
Its a dealers choice at what markup he or she wants on an item and its the customers right to be well informed about any products selling price.
So I guess what I'm getting at is---IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT GET THE HECK OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!!!
There is plenty of marketshare out there for everyone.
Gordon

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #5  
As a "professional consumer", I appreciate the fact that my dealer has always told me his cost on what I buy from him, without my ever having asked him to do so, from before there was "Internet sales". It's one of the reasons I've bought four tractors from him, lots of implements, and caused half a dozen others, at least, to buy from him as well. I expect him to make enough profit to be in business the next time I need something. Even if I didn't like him or respect his right to earn a living, it would be the only intelligently selfish approach.

Dumb consumers are like dumb dealers - they tend to kill themselves off. So neither group need worry excessively about the other, in my opinion.

Mark

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #6  
I know there are lots of different viewpoints on this topic, but in my very small business, I'll be glad to show anyone exactly what my costs are when I tell them what it'll cost them. And then they can decide for themselves whether they want to do business with me or someone else.

I've played the "horse trading" game many times with both dealers and individuals in years past, but I just don't care to waste my time doing that anymore. I understand about a dealer's overhead, and expect him to make a profit or not sell to me. So, whether it's a car, pickup, or tractor, I simply call or visit 3 or 4 dealers, tell them exactly what I want and ask what's the best deal they can give me, and I don't tell one what the others' prices were (I may, on occasion, tell one that someone else has simply offered a better deal), and I buy from the one that offers the best deal (and in some circumstances, the best "deal" may not be the lowest price).

Bird

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #7  
As some one who has had a small business for over 20 yr. I can tell you that it just isn,t all its cracked up to be. But it is the owners duty to MAKE MONEY on every thing he sells. Other wise he won't be there went you ned him, and there for does everyone a great diservice. We sell spa's and have had other dealers come and go so now the customers call us for service, and we help them but we didn't sell that brand, don,t stock parts, haven't serviced that one before, ect. ect. Who pays for the extra trips to the house and the learing curve, the customer!!!! So in the long run you realy want the guy to make $$$$$ so he will be their when you need him, but I like you want a fair deal. When I started looking for a new tractor I shoped all over, found this site and others, stoped at dealers show rooms when I travled around and got a feel for the market so I knew what a fair price was. And then I bought it from my local dealer [60 miles away] for what I thought was a fair price. I have a good idea what he made and it mite sound like a lot but I have a very good understanding of what it cost to be in a real business, ie. store front employees work comp ect ect. And every year our beloved govt. makes it harder and more costly to be in business.+ when your tractor brakes you like to have a trained person work on it, don't you???? Well enought just had to get in my 2 cents worth, I think you get my point. Oh I could have bougth my tractor for less and saved maybe $700.00 to $1000.00 if I have traveled out of town farther. Luck for me the dealer seams to be a good guy so far. He's letting me trade in my new GST for a HST afer I'VE had it for 10 days and been useing it. He did try and sell me a HST but IM a little bull headed./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I know Mark you told me so!
Rich

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #8  
Mark,Gordon,Bird; Dittos to your comments, any dealer who puts his/her cards on the table tells me they are serious about doing business, Any dealer who doesn't is obviously embarrased of the ridiculous profit they are making!!! The more up front you are the less reservations a customer has.

I have to sell equipment every day if my price is not fair my competition will gladly take the customer, and I deserve to loose them, but if I show them my cost, my product is high quality,will fill their needs and I make a reasonable argument for my markup I never have to worry about my customer bad mouthing me because I screwed them....../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #9  
richh; I read your post after I submitted mine and I find it unfortunate that you and I have to drive around to diffrent dealers to get a good price .And still you only have an idea of what your dealers profit is. I would guess (assuming your mind was made up on which tractor you wanted) the first trip to that dealer if the dealer said " My cost on this tractor is 10,000 dollars completely assembled an ready for work, I feel 800 dollars is a fair profit to make, so the tractor is yours for 10,800 " you might have been inclined to sign on the dotted line right then ( I shure would have ) if not you could at least settled on what you both agreed was a fair profit..

/ BUYING A KUBOTA #10  
Do you completely trust in your dealer to tell you their EXACT cost on the tractor? You say "He showed me what it cost in the book", but there are always kickbacks, insentives, ect. Again everyone who has posted here is not saying they want to make a 10-20-50 % profit on their trade, just that they look for a fair price. And if its a consumers right to know the cost a dealer pays why doesn't the manufacturer provide this information to the public? Or maybe the Government. Cars might be a good place to start.
I dont know of ANY industry that posts their cost figures to the consumer. K-mart?