Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt #1  

Jamucat

Tractor
L-1501 Kabota Bobcat 763
Hi i am looing at a grey mkt Kubota L 1501 DT with a Kelley B600 Back hoe and a FEL that is not Kubota but fairly new. The fella is asking $10,500 and I won't pay that but wonder if anyone has an Idea what kind of offer I could make. It is the machine that will do a good job on my 5 acres. The hours on the clock are 560 and the machine looks like that could be correct. No visible leaks.

Thanls for your replies.

Charles Stephens

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt #2  
This tractor probably has 560 hours on it since it was repainted and illegally imported into the US. Japan does not have a "hobby farm" community. Low hour used tractors are virtually unheard of. It is highly unlikely that a tractor with 560 hours would be shipped out of the country. Japanese farmers generally put thousands of hours on their tractor before they are traded in or sold. The market for these high hour used tractors is almost nonexistent in Japan. Enterprising exporters buy them, repaint them, put in new hourmeters and sell them to unsuspecting buyers in markets like the US.

I base my assumptions on more than 40 trips to Japan in the last 15 years and a keen interest in their agricultural economy.

My advice...Keep looking!

OrangeGuy

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt
OrangeGuy Thanks for the insight. I have not heard it run but will be checking it out tomorrow. I will keep your thoughts in mind. I doubt it has been painted but will check that out too.
Charles

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt #4  
Jamucut,

You may get more responses to a "grey market" tractor question by going further down in the forum to "grey market tractors".

OrangeGuy

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt #5  
If I recall the L1500/1501 crosses over to a Kubota L175. Last made in the mid 70's. My BIL has a L175, about 16-18hp 2 cyl diesel.

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt
Thanks for the info. This tractor came witha manual for a L245 which is funny because the 245 is a 3 cyl and the 1501 has 2 cyl. I think there will be some useful information in the manual at any rate. I will look for a L175 manual as well. I will also look for the grey market forum.
Thanks again for the reply
Charles

/ Looking to buy a L 1501 DT Grey mkt #7  
Charles,

I have a parts manual for the L175 if you like I can email it to you. It's a PDF file. I think my email is listed in my profile. rob_n_houston@yahoo.com

Some pics of BIL's tractor.....

Attachments

• L175-1.JPG
    L175-1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 873
  • L175-2.JPG
    L175-2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 611
  • L175-3.JPG
    L175-3.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • L175-4.JPG