B7500 with rear snow blower

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #1  

texblonigan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Does anybody have experience with a B7500 with a rear snow blower? The rear PTO on the B7500 is 16 HP. I am looking at a Farm-King/Allied 60" rear blower--but it recommends 20HP on the PTO. My dealer is telling me that it works fine because the B7500 is hydrostatic drive, plus he states that the 60" blower is wide enough to cover the wheels on the B7500 if they are fully extended.

Anybody have experience with this or something similar?

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #2  
I think it would mostly depend on 3 factors: snow consistency, snow depth, and speed. There's not much you can do about the first two. I wouldn't be too worried about it, just slow down if things start to get choked up. I ran a 42" single-stage with only 11 PTO hp, gear driven through 3 Canadian winters.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #3  
texblonlgan,

The hydro is the key. With gear trans you'll need the HP to be able the spin the impeller at RPM in
reverse or you end up riding the clutch. With the hydro just slow down when the blower starts to bog
down. You can backup faster/slower depending on the snow conditions and amount.

Have fun,
Michael

/ B7500 with rear snow blower
Thanks for all the advice-- I thing you guys are right. With gear drive, the PTO has to keep up with the tractor, but with hydro, the tractor can be adjusted to keep up with the blower.

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #5  
I just purchased a rear blower and a B7500 Hydro. First real snow arrived the Morn of 12/15. The amount was only 5" so I played in the plowed road snowbanks. The 7500 had no problem handling the 2ft deep wet banks. The blower is a 2 stage 60".

/ B7500 with rear snow blower
What name brand rear blower did you buy? Does the B7500 have the capability to handle a hyraulic chute on a rear snowblower, or do you have to go with manual?

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #7  
I tried my old blower out this weekend and messed it up. I think my B7500 is too strong for it (it's an old home-made thing). I went out and bought a 54" Pronovost Puma with a manual chute. It was 1500$ Canadian. I'm pretty sure you can put a hydraulic chute on the B7500. I've never been spoiled with one and therefore don't know what I'm missing. I'd like to keep it that way/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #8  
I don't have any experience with them, but the story I got from my local dealer is the 7500 will have no problems with a 60" 3pt snow blower. By the way he has brand new ones for $1,300 which is the cheapest price I've seen. I believe the brand is METEOR. It looked like a well built unit.

Dieter

Dieter

/ B7500 with rear snow blower #9  
Dieter
Just looked at those a couple weeks ago.(pic attached)/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Don't need one in Michigan anymore/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif,grass is still<font color=green>green</font color=green>
regards
Mutt

Attachments

• 1-91728-snowblower.jpg
    1-91728-snowblower.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 100
   / B7500 with rear snow blower #10  
Hi Texblonigan, The 60" blower on my 7500 HST is a Buhler/Allied. I do not have the hydro shoot, but it is available. I also had to use (3) 65lb. Kubota weights.