Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    New Member meyerwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040

    Default Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    I am having a tough time deciding between a Mahindra 7520 4WD and a comparable kubota M7040 4WD or M8540 4WD.

    My local Mahindra dealer (60 miles away) will sell me the 7520 4WD for $24,000 (special state fair price). No cab or FEL.

    My local Kubota dealer (1 mile away) will sell me the M7040 with hdyraulic shift for $25,200. No cab or FEL.

    The Kubota seems to be more refined then the Mahindra but I will take a drop in weight, horsepower, etc..

    The Kubota with the hydraulic shift has a wet clutch, wet brakes, and a hydraulic PTO.

    If I go with the Mahindra, I lose the hydraulic shift, wet clutch, and hydaulic PTO but I gain a little horsepower, another year of warranty, and better financing.

    I will be using this tractor to mow/brush hog approximately 45 acres of CRP and do occassional dirt work to repair ditches.

    What would you do?

  2. #2
    Gold Member FamilyFarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    473
    Location
    Crane, MO
    Tractor
    Kubota L4740HST, Kubota RTV 1140 Camo

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    I'm not familiar with Mahindra and yes I have 2 Kubotas so yes I am very biased. Having said all that, only 1,520 extra to get a kubota - I say GET THE KUBOTA

    Terry
    Kubota L4740HST TLB, Kubota RTV 1140 Camo

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    185
    Location
    Northeast Texas
    Tractor
    John Deere 5325 4wd, Kubota B7500 HST

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    To me, you go with the kubota. Two years ago, I bought a Kioti tractor because it was 4K less than a similar Kubota. I did not like the tractor and the resale was horrible. I finally just sold it and took a HUGE hit after two years and 170 hours of use. I got a John Deere. You will more than make up the price difference if you ever need to sell. I don't think the off brand is worth the small price difference. Of course, this is my opinion only based on recent experience.
    Kubota B7500, 302 FEL, 60" MMM. John Deere 5325 4wd, 542 FEL.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,423
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    I am not going to pick a brand.

    I'd go based on dealer location and service. 1 mile vs 60.
    How long and how much will it cost YOU in gas and diesel getting to them.

    Heck, a dealer a mile away? I'd drive the tractor to them for service!

    -Mike Z.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerwc
    I am having a tough time deciding between a Mahindra 7520 4WD and a comparable kubota M7040 4WD or M8540 4WD.

    My local Mahindra dealer (60 miles away) will sell me the 7520 4WD for $24,000 (special state fair price). No cab or FEL.

    My local Kubota dealer (1 mile away) will sell me the M7040 with hdyraulic shift for $25,200. No cab or FEL.

    The Kubota seems to be more refined then the Mahindra but I will take a drop in weight, horsepower, etc..

    The Kubota with the hydraulic shift has a wet clutch, wet brakes, and a hydraulic PTO.

    If I go with the Mahindra, I lose the hydraulic shift, wet clutch, and hydaulic PTO but I gain a little horsepower, another year of warranty, and better financing.

    I will be using this tractor to mow/brush hog approximately 45 acres of CRP and do occassional dirt work to repair ditches.

    What would you do?

    I have a close friend that buys Jinma and Mahindra tractors in "quantity" and assembles them and sells them..a few at a time...along with their BH's and FEL's..etc. Hes told me that both brands are excellent quality using NINTEEN FIFTIES technology!! Great tractors for their price...period!
    Kubota B3030 with 40 amp alternator kit; LA403 FEL; 60 inch backblade; sub-soiler; ballast box; EzMover hitch; Payne clamp-on bucket forks; a HD set of smaller discs and a 60" landscape rake with dolly wheels
    Hobart HH210 Mig welder

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    222
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Tractor
    Ford 4100, Kubota M5400, Kubota M9540

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    Get the Mahindra. Everyone knows that the finest quality engineering and manufacturing in the world comes from India. How about technical support? Just call Dell Computer tech support lines and see for yourself. The knowledgeable folks (in India) that answer are fantastic. Trust me.....
    Last edited by tydp; 08-09-2006 at 04:09 PM.

  7. #7
    Super Member Bob_Skurka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,503

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    Quote Originally Posted by ocaj11
    To me, you go with the kubota. Two years ago, I bought a Kioti tractor because it was 4K less than a similar Kubota. I did not like the tractor and the resale was horrible. I finally just sold it and took a HUGE hit after two years and 170 hours of use.
    I've got a Kubota (2000) and a New Holland (2003), I've never checked the resale value of the Kubota, but I was talking to my New Holland dealer a while back and he offered to buy back my NH TC24D for exactly the same price I paid for it. There is definately something to say for the major brands holding their value. Some Kioti owners have called me a liar but a couple NH dealers have offered reinforcement to my experience. Since that time I've also seen used New Hollands offered here on TBN, with more hours than mine, at even higher prices.

    The point is, not everything comes down to the upfront cost. I honesly am not familiar with either model you are looking at but to me the choice would be very simple.




    Snow Trac, the Swedish Snow Tractor, at Wikipedia
    Never insult a man with a bag of dog poop in one hand and a tennis racket in the other hand!

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,423
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    Quote Originally Posted by tydp
    ...Everyone knows that the finest quality engineering and manufacturing in the world comes from India. How about technical support? Just call Dell Computer tech support lines and see for yourself. The knowledgeable folks (in India) that answer are fantastic. Trust me.....
    Yep. Compete. And compete well or fade away.

    -Mike Z.

  9. #9
    New Member meyerwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    Thanks to all for your input.

    I really enjoyed TYDP's comments especially since my job has been outsourced to India and my current employer has given me a Dell PC to use.

    I was trying not let this sway my decision so I was looking at all manufacturers.

    I am going with the M7040 and a Woods 840P mower.

    I will keep my big ol Ford 9600 with an FEL to take care of the really big work.

    Thank you.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Location
    KY
    Tractor
    4 John Deere's

    Default Re: Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

    You will not regret going with the kubota. The wet main and pto clutches will last 3-4 times longer than the dry clutches that mahindra use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.