Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #1  

meyerwc

Tractor
Kubota M7040
I am having a tough time deciding between a Mahindra 7520 4WD and a comparable Kubota M7040 4WD or M8540 4WD.

My local Mahindra dealer (60 miles away) will sell me the 7520 4WD for $24,000 (special state fair price). No cab or FEL.

My local Kubota dealer (1 mile away) will sell me the M7040 with hdyraulic shift for $25,200. No cab or FEL.

The Kubota seems to be more refined then the Mahindra but I will take a drop in weight, horsepower, etc..

The Kubota with the hydraulic shift has a wet clutch, wet brakes, and a hydraulic PTO.

If I go with the Mahindra, I lose the hydraulic shift, wet clutch, and hydaulic PTO but I gain a little horsepower, another year of warranty, and better financing.

I will be using this tractor to mow/brush hog approximately 45 acres of CRP and do occassional dirt work to repair ditches.

What would you do?

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #2  
I'm not familiar with Mahindra and yes I have 2 Kubotas so yes I am very biased. Having said all that, only 1,520 extra to get a KUBOTA :) - I say GET THE KUBOTA :) :) :)

Terry

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #3  
To me, you go with the Kubota. Two years ago, I bought a Kioti tractor because it was 4K less than a similar Kubota. I did not like the tractor and the resale was horrible. I finally just sold it and took a HUGE hit after two years and 170 hours of use. I got a John Deere. You will more than make up the price difference if you ever need to sell. I don't think the off brand is worth the small price difference. Of course, this is my opinion only based on recent experience.

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #4  
I am not going to pick a brand.

I'd go based on dealer location and service. 1 mile vs 60.
How long and how much will it cost YOU in gas and diesel getting to them.

Heck, a dealer a mile away? I'd drive the tractor to them for service!

-Mike Z. :)

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #5  
meyerwc said:
I am having a tough time deciding between a Mahindra 7520 4WD and a comparable Kubota M7040 4WD or M8540 4WD.

My local Mahindra dealer (60 miles away) will sell me the 7520 4WD for $24,000 (special state fair price). No cab or FEL.

My local Kubota dealer (1 mile away) will sell me the M7040 with hdyraulic shift for $25,200. No cab or FEL.

The Kubota seems to be more refined then the Mahindra but I will take a drop in weight, horsepower, etc..

The Kubota with the hydraulic shift has a wet clutch, wet brakes, and a hydraulic PTO.

If I go with the Mahindra, I lose the hydraulic shift, wet clutch, and hydaulic PTO but I gain a little horsepower, another year of warranty, and better financing.

I will be using this tractor to mow/brush hog approximately 45 acres of CRP and do occassional dirt work to repair ditches.

What would you do?

I have a close friend that buys Jinma and Mahindra tractors in "quantity" and assembles them and sells them..a few at a time...along with their BH's and FEL's..etc. Hes told me that both brands are excellent quality using NINTEEN FIFTIES technology!! Great tractors for their price...period!

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #6  
Get the Mahindra. Everyone knows that the finest quality engineering and manufacturing in the world comes from India. How about technical support? Just call Dell Computer tech support lines and see for yourself. The knowledgeable folks (in India) that answer are fantastic. Trust me.....

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #7  
ocaj11 said:
To me, you go with the Kubota. Two years ago, I bought a Kioti tractor because it was 4K less than a similar Kubota. I did not like the tractor and the resale was horrible. I finally just sold it and took a HUGE hit after two years and 170 hours of use.
I've got a Kubota (2000) and a New Holland (2003), I've never checked the resale value of the Kubota, but I was talking to my New Holland dealer a while back and he offered to buy back my NH TC24D for exactly the same price I paid for it. There is definately something to say for the major brands holding their value. Some Kioti owners have called me a liar but a couple NH dealers have offered reinforcement to my experience. Since that time I've also seen used New Hollands offered here on TBN, with more hours than mine, at even higher prices.

The point is, not everything comes down to the upfront cost. I honesly am not familiar with either model you are looking at but to me the choice would be very simple.

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #8  
tydp said:
...Everyone knows that the finest quality engineering and manufacturing in the world comes from India. How about technical support? Just call Dell Computer tech support lines and see for yourself. The knowledgeable folks (in India) that answer are fantastic. Trust me.....

Yep. Compete. And compete well or fade away.

-Mike Z. :)

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD
Thanks to all for your input.

I really enjoyed TYDP's comments especially since my job has been outsourced to India and my current employer has given me a Dell PC to use.

I was trying not let this sway my decision so I was looking at all manufacturers.

I am going with the M7040 and a Woods 840P mower.

I will keep my big ol Ford 9600 with an FEL to take care of the really big work.

Thank you.

/ Kubota M7040 4WD Vs. Mahindra 7520 4WD #10  
You will not regret going with the Kubota. The wet main and pto clutches will last 3-4 times longer than the dry clutches that mahindra use.