More Sub-Compact News

/ More Sub-Compact News #11  
Sounds very well thought out! Thanks for the info.

msig2.gif

/ More Sub-Compact News #12  
I just got off the phone with my local Cub dealer who drove the new sub-compact at the show. Here is what I can add:

Physical size is slightly larger that the BX.

Spec.’s for loader will be a little better around 500 +

OEM hoe, Woods 6500 with Gannon bucket! More digging force than the new BX 22. Also 180 degree swing.

Will be made in the US at their TN plant. Availability in the spring.

Price will be competitive with the BX.

Model numbers:
7242 – 2 wheel drive gas
7254 – 4 wheel drive gas
7264 – 4 wheel drive diesel

Looks like 2002 will be the year of the sub-compact, LET THE GAMES BEGIN………

/ More Sub-Compact News #13  
It will be assembled in the US, not made in the US until Cub?MTD start building their own engines in the US or get one from Briggs etc. The engine and the transmission are the heart and as long as they are imported from Japan it is Japanese sourced. The BX is also assembled in the US.
This is really an exciting entry and having a choice of gasoline and diesel is also a good thing. It looks slightly larger than a BX and equally refined.
To everone who owns a this or that--there will always be slick new models with shiney paint, the tractor/toy you have today is still the same tractor you liked so much when you bought it so there is no reason to like it any less tommorrow. J

/ More Sub-Compact News #14  
I used to have a larger model Cub. Well built machines. This should be a very interesting entry into the market!! Great for the consumer.

Kevin

/ More Sub-Compact News #15  
That is a cool looking unit. That will help Cub Cadet out a lot. I am happy for Cub on this one. Very happy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-73820-JDSignature.gif

/ More Sub-Compact News #16  
have to agree with thomas here. i checked out the yellow before i bought the kubota. was a nice machine but the price was way out of line. may just have been the dealer but it put me off.

/ More Sub-Compact News #17  
Nice photo's RP425!

I have a Cub 2000 series lawnmower and it has been a very good machine. Hopefully, this series will be good too!

jb

35-43507-little_tractor.gif

/ More Sub-Compact News #19  
It will be >MADE IN THE USA<!!! The tranny is by Sunstrand, MTD/Cub Cadet is an American company, it will be MANUFACTURED in the Tennessee, USA plant and the ONLY thing Japanese is the engine (which BTW is in joint venture w/Briggs ).
Cut me a break with the "heart and soul" being Japanese crap!!!
This is typical of JR.

/ More Sub-Compact News #20  
Bob in Ma, glad to have ya on TBN, let me be the first to welcome you /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I see you still do not like me /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif . No problems, still glad to have you. Did you finally give up on the Garden Web--there are quite a few of us here that consider it an honor to be ex-gardenwebers--lol--no kidding at all.
Yeah, that Cub looks great, planning on getting one?---she is a beut. If you do I hope she will be a fine pride and joy, that cab looks great for snow and cold and what I like about the Cub is the sligtly larger front wheel assembly. All in all a excellent addition to the growing subcompact segment.
Since we talked last, I have aquired additional toys. Of course it is still a secret as of now and it even matches my BX. Please register and post some pics and join in. We sometimes have our spats here but Muhummed keeps a tight rein, again, glad to have you as a fellow TBN'er.
Just your typical, J (the BX is still better---- /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ).