Tractor
    BX2350

Default BX2350, Farm purchase, out of state dealer

Many buy their tractors out of state due to a 1000 - 1500 price difference.

Friend is also looking at the 2350 and curious if it worth driving 7 hrs. for a 12-1500. price difference? Local dealer wants 13500, Dealer 2 states away is willing to sell for 12-1400 lower?

It is for a farm purchase so tax shouldn't be charged no matter where he buys it?

Any thoughts..

Any other IL dealers, as he is in central IL / Springfield area...
    Don't be a general contractor when your raising your kids.

02' F250 SWB CC 4x4 Lariat 7.3/Auto For Sale!!
    2010 Ford Flex - Limited
    06' BX2350, FEL, 60"MMM
    03' Cougar 281 EFS Sold!!
    01' Yamaha 4x4 350 Wolverine Sold!!
    1970' Stang 351/Auto

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 BX2230

Default Re: BX2350, Farm purchase, out of state dealer

I would think fuel would eat 1/2 of that profit away. Any chance the dealer would meet him in the middle?

Default Re: BX2350, Farm purchase, out of state dealer

I think that Bob has the right idea, patronize your local dealer especially if he'll meet you half way on the price. When it comes time for parts or service the local guy will take care of you and they also support the economy in the local area: jobs, taxes, charitable causes, etc. I'm not a dealer, just a private party so I'm not out to patronize dealers in any sort of manner, but over the years I've found that staying with nearby folks helps everyone. You may want to check on other nearby dealers too, they may be willing to bargain a little now that you have the price from the outfit 2 states away.