Price Check At what price.......

/ At what price....... #1  

coondog

Buddy of mine has a Kubota B2150 4x4 24hp w/ attachments for sale. The tractor has 419hrs on it and has been kept in an enclosed garage since it was bought I think in 1993.
It comes with the following attachments:

Kubota Front End Loader mod.# BF 350A; Tiller; (Gill) Box Scrape; (Woods) Bush Hog; Belly Mower; Leaf Rake; Drag Harrow.

Everything is in like knew condition! He tells me he'll sell it to me for blue book value. Problem is, I can't find "blue book" value on this stuff.

If anyone has a figure in their head as to what is a fair price for the package I'd appreciate knowing it. He doesn't have it advertised, we were sitting around drinking coffe one morning and he say's " Why don't you buy that little Kubota from me".
I've been looking for something like this for about three years now. I don't want to screw up and pay him too much, he'll gloat about it and I'll end up bustin his lip.

/ At what price....... #2  
coondog said:
I don't want to screw up and pay him too much, he'll gloat about it and I'll end up bustin his lip.

That alone would tell me not to deal w/him...yikes.

/ At what price....... #3  
Still, it would be a shame to let a nice package like that slip away.

If you bought all of that new, it'd run close to $20K. Woods/Gill implements are rock solid...the man bought quality. In like new condition it's easily worth $12K. Offer him $10K and see how much he hollers. If he drags out all the receipts, add 'em all up and see what he paid. Don't offer him more than he paid, but be willing to go up from the $10K figure.

Even if he's hollering, the sight of $10K cash might tip the scales in your favor.

If he gloats, so what? You got $20K worth of equipment for $10-12K; that's something to gloat about too. These days a guy's gotta take the bargains where he finds them.

But don't jump on my word. There are others here that are better judges of what this is worth. Wait for them to respond.
FWIW
Bob

/ At what price.......
Thanks guys! The tiller is Kubota also and doesn't look like it's been used. I offered him 6k and he got a little red but popped back at me with 12k. I think I can get for 10k. I'll give 12 but he's going to have to work for it. I appreciate your help!

/ At what price....... #5  
coondog said:
Buddy of mine has a Kubota B2150 4x4 24hp w/ attachments for sale. The tractor has 419hrs on it and has been kept in an enclosed garage since it was bought I think in 1993.
It comes with the following attachments:

Kubota Front End Loader mod.# BF 350A; Tiller; (Gill) Box Scrape; (Woods) Bush Hog; Belly Mower; Leaf Rake; Drag Harrow.

If anyone has a figure in their head as to what is a fair price for the package I'd appreciate knowing it. He doesn't have it advertised, we were sitting around drinking coffe one morning and he say's " Why don't you buy that little Kubota from me".
I did a quick search on IronSeach Find Used Tractors for Sale - Used John Deere tractors, tractor prices, farm equipment came up with 3 B2150's one with a loader. More hours. Highest was $8750. But these are dealer prices. Offer him $8000 and see where it goes from there.

/ At what price....... #6  
coondog said:
Thanks guys! The tiller is Kubota also and doesn't look like it's been used. I offered him 6k and he got a little red but popped back at me with 12k. I think I can get for 10k. I'll give 12 but he's going to have to work for it. I appreciate your help!

Good move, I was going to say offer 5 and see what he really wanted. 10 still seems a bit high for a 13yo tractor. IMO

/ At what price.......
RobJ said:
Good move, I was going to say offer 5 and see what he really wanted. 10 still seems a bit high for a 13yo tractor. IMO

I forgot to mention he's kicking in a dual axle utility trailer to haul it on and a new hydraulic dump trailer also!

By the way RONJHALL, thats a great resource tool you provided with the link! Thanks!!

/ At what price....... #8  
coondog said:
I forgot to mention he's kicking in a dual axle utility trailer to haul it on and a new hydraulic dump trailer also!

By the way RONJHALL, thats a great resource tool you provided with the link! Thanks!!

Well that would change things a bit.

/ At what price.......
Just thought I'd give ya'll an update. I finally bought the tractor this morning for 10k! I lost the dump trailer in the deal but still kept the tandem axle to haul it on.
I had almost talked myself into buying something new but I would've had to finance it and I absolutely hate making monthly payments.
Anyway, I appreciate all the input from you folks, really helps a guy or girl make an objective decision.

Thanks, Jimmie

/ At what price....... #10  
coondog said:
Just thought I'd give ya'll an update. I finally bought the tractor this morning for 10k! I lost the dump trailer in the deal but still kept the tandem axle to haul it on.
I had almost talked myself into buying something new but I would've had to finance it and I absolutely hate making monthly payments.
Anyway, I appreciate all the input from you folks, really helps a guy or girl make an objective decision.

Thanks, Jimmie

For everything you got that sounds like a very good deal. I think you can be the one doing the gloating. Low hours on the tractor, good implements and a trailer to boot, what more could you want? Good luck with it and enjoy.