LA723 Loader Question

/ LA723 Loader Question #1  

tamu94

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130GST, RTV900
I have a L3130GST on the way and originally I requested a 66" heavy duty bucket with the LA723 loader. After looking into it, the dealer said it wont fit and it has to be a 72". No change to price so I am ok with it but does anyone have a 66" on a LA723?

I wanted the smaller bucket for tight spaces clearing cedars but its not much of an issue. The bigger bucket will be better for dirt work and I have plenty of both to do.

/ LA723 Loader Question #2  
Your dealer was correct in making the change. The 66" bucket is only available for the LA513. The only size available from Kubota for the LA723 is the 72" bucket.

/ LA723 Loader Question #3  
It does fit. The Kubota wholegoods book says 66 for the 513 and 72 for the 723. However the pins and everything line right up, the bucket will fit even though the book says it won't. We've done it.

/ LA723 Loader Question #4  
I have the 66"HD quick attach bucket on my LA723. My research indicates the same for the standard buckets. Sounds like a lazy dealer.

Vernon

/ LA723 Loader Question
I don't think the dealer is lazy. I didn't order a QA bucket which would be required to use a 66" bucket. A standard attach means you have to have a 72". How much would a QA add to the price?

/ LA723 Loader Question #6  
Obviously with a QA you can use whatever you want, but the pins for the 66" buckets are the same as the ones for the 72" buckets.

The LA723 and LA513 are the same loader with different lift cylinders.

/ LA723 Loader Question
Interesting, the dealer said the hookup is slightly different which allows for the LA723 to have more roll back and dump angle. Regardless, I am getting a bigger more expensive bucket for the same price so I doubt laziness is the motivater. The tractor had a LA513 with 66" HD bucket on it which has to be completely removed to install the LA723 already.

/ LA723 Loader Question #8  
I have the 66" bucket with heavy duty bolt on cutting edge on the LA723 loader. All dealer installed on my L3130 which is what they suggested

RPK

/ LA723 Loader Question
Just got back from the dealer. Tractor is waiting on its toothbar and remote installation but is looking good.

There is an extra linkage on the top pin of the 723 that is not on the 513. They had mine right next to a 3130 with a 513 and the 66"HD bucket and it was easy to see the difference. The extra link does allow for the increased dump/roll back angle. You can put a 66" on a 723 but you will lose the angle advantages.

/ LA723 Loader Question #10  
That little extra rollback makes a difference in filling the bucket. My last tractor and loader had less rollback and my first try at filling the 723 bucket was a pleasure.