Buying Advice Thinking of Trading up...need advice

/ Thinking of Trading up...need advice #1  

rosey

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I'm sure that this has been discussed before but here goes anyway....I currently have a BX2200 and love the machine. I use it to cut about 3-4 acres around the house, and do the usual "Harry homeowner" tasks around the property with my loader when needed. I let my neighbor who is a farmer bush-hog some of my fields (about 15 acres)and give him the hay as a tradeoff. I'm looking at the possibility and or probability that he won't be there to keep the pasture areas cut for me forever so my question is what would be a good trade up??....I would not want something too large and unmanuverable around the house but yet something powerful enough to work a bush-hog. Hydrostatic trans. is a must. Thanks

/ Thinking of Trading up...need advice #2  
Small but powerful. 2 tractors from Kubota fit that bill. Plain jane basic B7800 and the deluxe B3030. 30hp but still very small and very light. You'd be able to run a 5' rotary cutter without any greif, it would take a while to bush hog 15 acres, but to move up to larger rotary cutter you end up in a larger/heavier tractor like the basic L3400 or the deluxe L3430.

/ Thinking of Trading up...need advice #4  
B7800 = buick B3030 = caddy.

/ Thinking of Trading up...need advice #6  
Having the same thought... BX2200 has been OK so far but it is getting harder to mow with since my trees are getting bigger and rops is always in the way. Thinking of going to L size with about 35 pto hp and going back to a lawn tractor for mowing duty. Last time I looked in the lower barnyard I just said no way is the BX going to clean that out. Tractor size is limited to barnyard height. R1 tires will also be a must have. The old ford still work good but can only use a rear blade.

mark

/ Thinking of Trading up...need advice #7  
Timber said:
Don't make me come down the street King LOL
You cant catch me. B7800 top speed 11.9 MPH - B3030 top speed 12.1 MPH :D