Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

Default Best Time to Buy

I know this topic has probably been discussed on this forum so forgive me for any redundancy. I did a quick search and didn't find anything that could obviously easy answer my question. But is this a better time to buy a tractor than waiting until the beginning of the year in January? I am looking at the kubota M-series. I know that Kubota has some pretty good financing right now on the M-series tractors until 12/31/2006. My wife wants to wait until January to see how taxes are going to play out. I want to purchase RIGHT NOW!!! I don't know if these special financing offers are true "deals" or marketing ploys and in reality the same financing offers will be there in January. Of course, I'm trying to convince the Mrs. that we NEED to buy NOW so we don't miss out. But I guess if there's no difference in waiting I should honor her wishes and wait another month or so. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Chuck

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

Default Re: Best Time to Buy

There probably isn't an easy answer to your question. For autos we can read the papers and see what inventory levels exist on dealer lots and how many GM and Ford have waiting to ship. Hard to find those numbers for tractors.

What does your dealer's lot look like, does he have several of the model you want? Does he have to pay taxes on inventory at the end of the year?

Not too long ago we were wondering if 0% would continue after September, now we wonder what January brings. My dealer claims to not lower prices at year end; they estimate sales for each month and lower targets for winter months. I will check this out the end of December.

If your wife's question is really about having the money to pay for a new tractor, that is buy question and not a when question.

So time for some quality weekend rides with the Mrs. to kubota dealers and count M's. Finding only one or two of what you want, versus many, will help answer the now or later question. They gotta go - unless the '07s are identical.

Let us know what your crystal ball says about interest rates for 2007. Housing sales are down, Catepiller is forecasting lower sales next year, next weeks election may change the tax rates for next year, etc. Will a new M help you more next year than the pain of it's payments?

What should you do? Hard to beat 0%, can't go lower but might change to more than three years, or may go away. Take a look at the regular Kubota credit rates and add that to a January purchase price.

Cal

Tractor
    Kubota M6040Cab

My .02.

If you can somehow incorporate and create a business that needs to use the tractor, then buy now to write a portion of the tractor off on income taxes, i.e., depreciate it over 3 years. If that is not possible, I don't see a big difference between buying now and buying in January. The dealers will probably want to sell as much as they can before years end, for their tax purposes. You do however take a chance on losing out on the financing. From what I could tell the M series is NOT a slow seller. If you can leverage the purchase of your tractor now, to lessen your income tax, because you are now running a business and the tractor is a legitimate expense, buy now. Otherwise, do what is best for all concerned. If mama aint happy aint nobody happy!!

regards,

Bryan

Elite Member
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

Buy when you want and need it. Don't delay for a "end of season sale". Life is too short. I don't belive you are going to save 20% by denying yourself the tractor today versus 6-12 months from now.
    Bob

Glowplug,

I'm new to TBN and mostly have been quietly observing the wonderful forums here. I am in the market for a tractor at the moment, and kubota is a front-runner. Over the past n-months, I've been trying to guage the requirements that I'll need in a tractor ... all while observing the financing options that Kubota has available. I've noticed that the financing options will end on a certain date, only to be extended to some future date ... which is now at 12/31/2006 ... as you've indicated. I think they put an expiration date on the financing-deals as a CYA for themselves.

I'd listen to Doc Bob's advice. Just go get one when you're ready. Overall, the financing options are all really good right now ... and will remain so with the improving economy.

Take care and good luck.
    Sparky

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota l3430

I just bought a 3430hst last week and the dealer told me that sales were very slow. He even added that the eastern representive said that all the dealers were very slow too. Might be a good time to deal.

I posted a new thread but since I am a new user I guess people are kind of skipping over my question.

How much should I be looking at paying for a L3130 with front end loader.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

[QUOTE=sparky2terra]Glowplug,

Overall, the financing options are all really good right now ... and will remain so with the improving economy.

No, 0% exists because sales are slow. If the economy improves, and people have more money to buy tractors, then kubota won't have to subsidize your purchase.

So if you think the economy is improving you will buy now before the special financing ends.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by agman243
    I posted a new thread but since I am a new user I guess people are kind of skipping over my question.

How much should I be looking at paying for a L3130 with front end loader.
    Nobody is intentionally skipping your question because you are new. All are equal. I just have no clue as to L pricing. I'm sure somebody will be able to offer some advice, but they need to log on and find your question.
    Kubota BX2230, FEL, Woods BH, 60" MMM, Bagger, 4' Box Blade, PHD, 8' x 20' 10k# Dovetail Trailer

Those of you who think you know it all are particularly annoying to those of us who do.

I just bought a new 2006 L3130 hst with 723 Fel. Cost a little under 22,000. Dealer is gonna give me another $500 off/rebate. I think we pay the highest in New Mexico(few dealers), but i can get the local dealer who sold it to me to fix things as needed and he is going to deliver tractor and show me how to use it and the implements(first tractor for me!). I wouldnt get that with an out of state dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast