2350 Bh or not

/ 2350 Bh or not #1  

3pthitch

Newbie here , i'm thinking of buying a new 2350 that comes with a 60"mmm, planning on purchasing a 5' front blade for this winter then in the spring get the 243 FEL for it. My question is, can it handle a BH , the dealer says it can't be done on the 2350, is this true?

This is an awesome site, lots of knowledge here.

/ 2350 Bh or not #2  
Sure, you can put a WOODS backhoe on a 2350. If you are 100% going to get one, I think the jump to the BX24 is more cost effective. If memory serves, it would have cost me $2000 or $2500 to go from the 2230 to the 23 when I bought mine in Feb 06 (really the only difference between the models being the BH with some other little tid-bits), but a WOODS BH runs some $4000. I'd expect the same cost differential between the 2350 and 24, but I haven't actually checked. Even nicer, the OEM BH was not as nice as the WOODS when I looked at them, but the new OEM model mounted to the 24 looks VERY nice and up to the latest standards. Plus you spin the regular seat around while the WOODS model has its own seat, meaning it hangs further off the rear, slightly disrupting the balance of the tractor.

While I'm not in BC, Canada, I have plowed a bunch of driveways with my FEL without ANY problem. I guess it would be easier with the front blade, but I'd probably go the extra $1000 or so and get snowblower if you live in high snow country. You may even be able to get a rear mount snowblower for the same money you would drop on a front dozer blade. Could be a little off on that, though.

/ 2350 Bh or not #3  
Had the same decision -- no backhoe yet for me but still think I'll get one someday. The Woods is a great choice plus the newest kit for the 2350 includes a swivel seat adapter, so it loses nothing against the Kubota model.

The Woods site lets you look at the manuals for the subfame and backhoe so you know what you'd be in for mounting it later. See Backhoe Sub-Frame Mounting Kits Operator's Manuals and Backhoe Operator's Manuals

/ 2350 Bh or not #4  
I haven't looked at the details on the 2350 yet, but for the BX2230 there was a frame reinforcement kit you could buy to accomodate the Kubota Quick attach backhoe. I'm betting that there is such a kit for the BX2350 as well.
Does the woods backhoe have a quick hitch for their backhoe? It's tough to beat Kubota's design there

/ 2350 Bh or not #5  
3pthitch said:
Newbie here , i'm thinking of buying a new 2350 that comes with a 60"mmm, planning on purchasing a 5' front blade for this winter then in the spring get the 243 FEL for it. My question is, can it handle a BH , the dealer says it can't be done on the 2350, is this true?

If you are seriously considering a BH for the 2350, then get the BX24. Several reasons. The BX24 has a reinforced frame, has the swivel seat, and also has the higher ROP's needed. In addition, the BH is not a 3pt attach, rather it is a 4pt frame attach which allows you to take it off in less than 3 minutes. That, and seeing the cost comparison? I bought the BX24...

By the way, it is a great machine!

/ 2350 Bh or not #6  
Danilo said:
If you are seriously considering a BH for the 2350, then get the BX24. Several reasons. The BX24 has a reinforced frame, has the swivel seat, and also has the higher ROP's needed. In addition, the BH is not a 3pt attach, rather it is a 4pt frame attach which allows you to take it off in less than 3 minutes. That, and seeing the cost comparison? I bought the BX24...

By the way, it is a great machine!
Best way to go !

/ 2350 Bh or not #7  
crd said:
Had the same decision -- no backhoe yet for me but still think I'll get one someday. The Woods is a great choice plus the newest kit for the 2350 includes a swivel seat adapter,
1*so it loses nothing against the Kubota model.

The Woods site lets you look at the manuals for the subfame and backhoe so you know what you'd be in for mounting it later. See Backhoe Sub-Frame Mounting Kits Operator's Manuals and Backhoe Operator's Manuals
1*I can think of a couple of things it looses.
a/Cost more than the Kubota BH.
b/The Rops is shorter with a woods.

/ 2350 Bh or not #8  
3pthitch said:

forget it- do it right and get the BX24 if you want a BH.

/ 2350 Bh or not #9  
I am with the BX24 people. If you are going to get the FEL in the spring anyway, I think that it would be more cost effective, same you time for installing or hauling the tractor back to the dealer to do it. Plus, I the entire package wouuld be covered under the same warrantee.

/ 2350 Bh or not #10  
kwolfe said:
I am with the BX24 people. If you are going to get the FEL in the spring anyway, I think that it would be more cost effective, same you time for installing or hauling the tractor back to the dealer to do it. Plus, I the entire package wouuld be covered under the same warrantee.
Some other pluses of going with the BX 23 or BX24 over an add on BH deal later.
1*Total package usually between 1000 to 3000 bucks less.
I just read somewhere on this board that somebody paid 5800 dollars for the Woods BH.
I only Paid $3800 more for a BX23 Than a BX 2230.
2*You have the correct Rops on the Tractor.
3*You Get 0% financing on the BH.
>>> >>>
>>>> >>>>
Our First Car - My First Car - My Tractor
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1031201-post17.html