BX1850

/ BX1850 #1  

Double 00 Soul

Silver Member
Tractor
B3030
This week I received a quote on a BX1850 of $18,108. This includes the factory cab, 50" snowblower with elec. chute & deflector options, mulching kit, rear work light, block heater and alternator kit. Has anyone bought a similar package? I would appreciate all feedback so I can determine if this is a fair price. I know dealers are in business to make money but I don't want to send all their kids to college singlehandedly.

I can't help but wonder about the alternator kit, seems to me that if the cab option requires the more powerful alternator, it should be included but who knows? It appears they're knocking about $1000 off list for the tractor itself but charging full boat for all the options. The tractor is the BX1850TV48P which evidently means it has turf tires, loader valve and 48" mower. By the way, 48" is the max. mower size I can use because of all my trees.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/ BX1850 #2  
Tough call. Doesn't sound like the deal of the century, but it doesn't sound entirely unfair either. My dealer was a "one price" sort of outfit and that sounds very consistent with the type of price they'd shoot out. Not bad, not great. Just a fair price. Don't think you'd be going wrong...that factory cab is an expensive thing. Having the dealer put it together is probably worth something.

Now if they included a loader for that price, or a small amount more, THEN you'd have a great deal.

And it's probably the combo of the work light and heater along with the normal stuff for them to put in the better alternator. Since no one thing triggers it, no one thing comes with it.

/ BX1850
KeithInSpace said:
Tough call. Doesn't sound like the deal of the century, but it doesn't sound entirely unfair either. My dealer was a "one price" sort of outfit and that sounds very consistent with the type of price they'd shoot out. Not bad, not great. Just a fair price. Don't think you'd be going wrong...that factory cab is an expensive thing. Having the dealer put it together is probably worth something.

Now if they included a loader for that price, or a small amount more, THEN you'd have a great deal.

And it's probably the combo of the work light and heater along with the normal stuff for them to put in the better alternator. Since no one thing triggers it, no one thing comes with it.

Thanks for the reply Keith. I'm trying to avoid what happened when I bought a B3030. While I didn't get that bad of a deal, I saw better prices on the same package that others put on the forums. With the B3030 I did get transportation to the dealer (for a while) which was worth something because I'm between pick-ups right now. While I realize that one cannot necessarily believe everything on the net, I have to believe I could have done better on the B3030 so I'm doing more homework for the BX1850.

/ BX1850 #4  
I didn't know that Kubota made a factory cab for the BX1850. They don't show it on their website and I can find no literature for it in any of my reference material.

In any case, that tractor should retail for about $13,700 with your options and no cab and no loader. A loader will add about $2200 to the retail price.

/ BX1850 #5  
MadReferee said:
In any case, that tractor should retail for about $13,700 with your options and no cab and no loader. A loader will add about $2200 to the retail price.

I thought about it a little more after seeing Mad's response and seeing some other prices I've seen in folk's signatures.

I paid $15k for my setup. Figuring the difference between the 1850 and the 2350 to be about $2K (that includes going from a 60" deck to a 48" deck) take off the $400 BB, the $2,200 loader, and the $1,700 bagger, and you're at $8,700 for a stripper 1850 with a deck.

Add in the very nice $4,000 cab, a $3,000 snow blower with the bells and whistles, a grand for the alternator, block heater, and light and you're at some $16.5K

So I had earlier said that if they added a loader in for the price, you'd be talking about a good deal...after the above analysis, I am thinking more that without more backup, I'd INSIST on a loader with the 1850 for that price. Or if they'd give you the exact same setup on a 2350 instead of the 1850, that'd be cool, too.

By my calculations, you may be overpaying a grand or two for the setup you specified. Could be a little off, but I wouldn't put it in the "great deal" category.

/ BX1850 #6  
The retail (MSRP) for the basic BX1850TV48P should be just under $11,000. Add $2300 for the blower w/electrics and another $400-$500 for your additional options and you come up with the $13,700 retail (MSRP). Of course you should be able to cut some type of deal to get it for less. The cab is another issue because Kubota makes no mention of it at all.

/ BX1850
Many thanks for the feedback guys. Keith, you're close to where I was (16,800) as far as what I consider a fair deal that will still let the dealer make some money. According to the MN state contract info someone posted on this or another forum, the MSRP for the tractor is $10,699. Using the same reference, it's obvious they're charging me MSRP for all the options.

Mad, the # for the cab is BX6730. I was fortunate (or not) that another salesman evidently overheard me saying how ridiculous it was that I could buy a cab for an 1830 but not for an 1850. He showed the salesman I was dealing with where to find the # for the cab. He also offered that he has no idea why Kubota doesn't spell out on their website that the cab is available for the 1850 as well as the 1830. After I told him it turned me off so much that I couldn't get a cab that I was also looking at blue and green tractors, he said he would tell that to the Kubota rep.. Bottom llne is, a cab is available for the 1850/2350, Kubota just wants to keep it a secret for some reason.

While it's tempting to buy a loader for the 1850 because of the zero interest, I have a loader on the B3030 so I wouldn't consider it to be money well spent. I'll be perfectly happy using the 1850 just for snow & grass. Well, I might consider a tiller later on but the reverse cut tiller on the B3030 turns dirt into powder and I didn't see a reverse cut available for the 1850.

Thanks again gentlemen.

/ BX1850
Well, it appears one must be careful about taking what individual dealers say as gospel. I received another quote (a little lower) but in addition was told that there is no factory cab available for the BX1850. The quote did include the price of a Curtis cab which also has heat, wiper and forward lights. This dealer said that Curtis made the cab for the BX1830. Have no idea how true that may be. It appears a message to Kubota may be the only way to find out for sure if a "factory" cab is available for the 1850.

Thought I'd post this rather than be accused of being the bearer of misinformation. Please consider this change B to revision F, paragraph 83 of Let's ask the dealer, he'll know!

/ BX1850 #9  
Please post a score card. You lost me after the 3rd post.:D

/ BX1850 #10  
The BX6730 cab option is available for the BX1830/2230. It requires the BX7310A 40 amp alternator upgrade. My literature indicates that the cab is a factory installed option only. It does not say who makes it.

One more thing. As I said earlier, according to my literature (specs and pricing/availability documents) there is no cab option for the BX1850/2350. Also they both come with the 40 amp alternator as standard equipment.

I think that first dealer is confusing tractor models and assuming the BX2230 and BX2350 are basically the same animal, but they are not, at least option and configuration wise.