M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #1  

chuckcoug

Tractor
B7800
This should be quick. If you own a M5040 or M7040 with Agriculture Tires can you give me the width between the inner front tires and the inner rear tires?

I need these numbers, so I can figure out my planting row widths.

Chuck

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #2  
In the operator's manual it shows the tread width as front being 55.9 inch minimum and 59.8 inch maximum. Depending on how you set it up.
Rear is shown as 52.0 inch for 5040 and 55.9 inch 7040 minimum and 67.7 inch maximum. Note this is center to center on your width. You'd have to allow for half of tire width from there. When I feed today I'll measure width of tires.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires
When I feed today I'll measure width of tires.

Thanks.

I have a bedder and am trying to figure out if it will reach the inside of the tires.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #4  
Blksim said:
In the operator's manual it shows the tread width as front being 55.9 inch minimum and 59.8 inch maximum. Depending on how you set it up.
Rear is shown as 52.0 inch for 5040 and 55.9 inch 7040 minimum and 67.7 inch maximum. Note this is center to center on your width. You'd have to allow for half of tire width from there. When I feed today I'll measure width of tires.
I was looking in a brochure and the front tread width on a 5040 & 6040 is 52.4 to 56.3 inches center to center. The rear is as stated above. Now, the standard front tire for a 5040,6040 & 7040 is listed as 9.5-24(R1). I measured mine to be about 10 inches wide. The rear tires on mine (7040) are 16 inches wide (16.9-30 (R1). This probably just enough information to be confusing.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires
I guess I got it. Ya it a little confusing, but I see the problem since they adjust.

I wonder the distance between the inside of the tires with the standard setup from Kubota with ag tire?

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #6  
Wow, with the rears spaced at the maximum of 67.7" and the tires being 16" wide that's 83.7" from outside to outside of the rear tires. I am going to have to rethink some of my plans to get an 80" box blade and tiller. Will have to step them up to 84" or so to cover the rear tracks. Good thing to know ahead of time.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #7  
Glowplug,
I wonder if your cast iron discs space the same as the standard version I'm running? How much weight do they add and do you use the same rim?
Thanks, fitz

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #8  
Blksim said:
Glowplug,
I wonder if your cast iron discs space the same as the standard version I'm running? How much weight do they add and do you use the same rim?
Thanks, fitz

I think the rim is the same. They add about 700lbs each. A lot of it depends on how the disks are attached to the rim. If bolted on the inner side of the tongue of the rim they give a slightly narrower stance. If bolted on the outside of the tongue on the rim they give a slightly wider stance. Mine are bolted on the outside. You could ask m7040. He will know for sure because he has the standard wheel centers and is looking to upgrade to the cast iron disk centers.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #9  
Glowplug said:
Wow, with the rears spaced at the maximum of 67.7" and the tires being 16" wide that's 83.7" from outside to outside of the rear tires. I am going to have to rethink some of my plans to get an 80" box blade and tiller. Will have to step them up to 84" or so to cover the rear tracks. Good thing to know ahead of time.
Chuck,
IMHO, unless your place is very hilly and you are always working on side slopes, it is not likely your tractor will need to be more than 6-1/2 ft overall tire width at the back. If there is a row crop to straddle the rears may need to go wider. But if more width is needed just for stability, a different machine is in order.

/ M5040 or M7040>Current width between front and rear tires #10  
rbargeron said:
Chuck,
IMHO, unless your place is very hilly and you are always working on side slopes, it is not likely your tractor will need to be more than 6-1/2 ft overall tire width at the back. If there is a row crop to straddle the rears may need to go wider. But if more width is needed just for stability, a different machine is in order.

Sounds good. Thanks for the input. I'll have to see how things go once I get a little more seat time in.