M5040 or M7040??

/ M5040 or M7040?? #1  

chuckcoug

Tractor
B7800
Thanks to all of you, I have moved from the L Series to the M Series. I am getting very close to buying. Any suggestions regarding price or options?

M5040HDC
4W/D
LA1153 Front Loader with Grill Guard
M1811 72" Loader Bucket
M1825 Loader Valve
M9594 Draw Bar Clevis
M7630 Rear Working Lights
1 Rear Hyd Remote (SCD) Std
Price Before Tax>>>>$34144.00

M7040 HD-F-Cab
Standard 16.9-20 R1 Rear Tires
LA1153 Loader
M1811 Loader Bucket
M1825 Loader Valve
M9594 Draw Bar clevis
1 Rear Hyd Remote Std
Price before Tax>>>>$37665.00

Possible Options for the M7040
2nd & 3rd Rear Remotes $1424.00
2 Hyd for TNT $700.00
Cast Iron Rims 16.9-30 R1 $962.00

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are the prices fair?
What am I missing?:eek:
Not sure why the description is 5040HDC and 7040HD-F-Cab{what is the F-Cab?}?

Chuck

/ M5040 or M7040?? #2  
That model nomenclature does not match the documentation I have.

M7040-F = 2wd tractor with synchro shuttle
M7040-FC = 2wd tractor with synchro shuttle and cab

M7040-HDC = 4wd tractor with hydraulic shuttle and cab
M7040-DTC = 4wd tractor with synchro shuttle and cab

In all the Kubota literature I have the "F" designation is for 2wd.

Maybe one of the Kubota dealers here can confirm this.

/ M5040 or M7040?? #3  
get the ci rims, front hydraulic outlet, radio, rear wiper, 3 outlets in the rear, engine block heater, air suspension seat, fluid filled tires. you should be able to get a better price, seems high

/ M5040 or M7040?? #4  
If you're going to run the LA1153 Loader, I would highly recommend the Cast Iron Rims. These add about 800 lbs. to the rear, and that might be enough to avoid having to fill the tires.

The amount of hydraulic valves, both front and rear, is completely up to you. Step back and take a look at the big picture. What are you planning on doing with the tractor. Grapple bucket in the front? Some rear implements might require more than 1 rear remote? You just have to know what the machine will be used for. If you aren't quite sure, go with more.

Another option is the Dual 540/1000 PTO. Again, only get this option if you have the need to run implements off 1000 PTO.

If you are getting the cab model, I would recommend to get it "loaded". You're paying money for the cab, why be cheap?

Just a couple thoughts,

Dan

/ M5040 or M7040?? #5  
dlinde31 said:
If you're going to run the LA1153 Loader, I would highly recommend the Cast Iron Rims. These add about 800 lbs. to the rear, and that might be enough to avoid having to fill the tires.

The amount of hydraulic valves, both front and rear, is completely up to you. Step back and take a look at the big picture. What are you planning on doing with the tractor. Grapple bucket in the front? Some rear implements might require more than 1 rear remote? You just have to know what the machine will be used for. If you aren't quite sure, go with more.

Another option is the Dual 540/1000 PTO. Again, only get this option if you have the need to run implements off 1000 PTO.

If you are getting the cab model, I would recommend to get it "loaded". You're paying money for the cab, why be cheap?

Just a couple thoughts,

Dan

If you're thinking about a TNT I would personally recommend 3 rear remotes. If you're going to use a grapple get the 3rd function valve remote for the loader. I do recommend the CI centers. I got CI center AND had the tires filled. It's great for loader work. You can't get the 1000 rpm PTO option on the M7040. Have to step up to the M8540 for that. I agree, if you're getting the cab, go for the gusto. The cab will probably run you about $6,500.00+ more than the non-cab version.

Are you getting the self-levelling valve on the laoder? It helps if you're going to use your loader for lifting pallet forks. It makes it work more like a parallel-linkage. Then if you want to switch it off you just flip a switch. The loader is the big cost. I think my self-levelling loader, with bucket, pallet forks, and 3rd function valve cost something like $8700.

It sounds like your quote for the m7040 is for the 2wd model. Be aware of that. I didn't get a cab but did get a 4wd shuttle model. I think the cab would be nice for a long time in the seat such as with plowing or snow removal. Otherwise, if you're getting on and off the seat a good deal of time it may just be a hassle. It would be very nice though. Gotta love that AC and CD player!!

This all comes from someone who just spent many months going through the same thing. Just got my m7040HD 4 days ago.:D

/ M5040 or M7040??
Glowplug: Thanks for the input. Mostly I will be plowing. I was not planning on the self-leveling because I find I don't use the bucket too much. With my B7800 I have gotten pretty good at knowing when it is level.

I am planning a grapple. It sounds as if I need a 3rd function. Does this come from the back or the front?

/ M5040 or M7040?? #7  
Here are the options as listed in the owner's manuals for the tractor and loader. This may help in deciding what you would like to add to your tractor.

Tractor:
  • Rear work light
  • Front work light
  • Engine block heater
  • Double acting remote hydraulic control valve with detents and self-cancelling (2nd rear remote)
  • Double acting remote hydraulic control valve with float position (3rd rear remote)
  • Clevis for drawbar
  • Grille guard
  • Front end weights for front-end ballast
  • Rear wheel weights for rear ballast
  • Canopy
  • Creep speed kit
  • 72" wide axle
  • Down exhaust muffler
  • Rear cast iron disk

Loader:
  • Kubota shockless ride
  • Front remote hydraulic control (3rd function valve)
  • Self-leveling valve
  • Multi-coupler system (Hydraulic quick-coupler)

This is taken directly from the manuals. Some of these "options" appear to be basically ordered as standard on most models. But it gives you something to look for.

/ M5040 or M7040?? #8  
chuckcoug said:
I am planning a grapple. It sounds as if I need a 3rd function. Does this come from the back or the front?

You don't necessarily HAVE to have a 3rd function for a grapple. You COULD use a rear remote for your grapple. In that situation you operate the loader with the joystick then move to the rear remote levers to operate the grapple opening and closing. A better way to do it is to have the 3rd function valve. This is operated on the loader joystick by two buttons with your thumb. It is a totally separate circuit from the rear remotes. You press one button to open the grapple and another to close it. You could actually move the loader boom, dump, curl, etc. all while opening and closing the grapple. That's the way I'm planning to do it.

/ M5040 or M7040??
Thanks again Glowplug for your feedback. That help me alot. Things seem to be getting clearer by the days now.

/ M5040 or M7040?? #10  
Hello Chuckcoug,

I think M7040 is right on with the "seems high." I just bought a 7040 HDC, 2nd remote, self-leveling loader( it has the volve), CI rear disks for less money than you have listed. I added the air ride seat and beet juice for the rears and a couple of "toys" to play with. I checked with two dealers here in central Indiana andthey were within a couple hundred for the same deal... and less than what you have listed with out the 2nd remote and the CI rears. I didn't get the rear wiper, cause i don't intend to look back when it's raining... although I might wish for it if I do some snow...if we ever get any! (it was $270...dealer price)

Don