Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #1  

dlinde31

Hello again. Just looking for some opinions on which aftermarket backhoe to put on a L4240 with the factory cab (since Kubota doesn't offer one for their cabbed-units). I have heard that Bradco makes a good backhoe. I just don't want something that is "chincy."
I'm in a dilema! I love the way Kubota's backhoe is so easy to take on and off, but I also love their factory cab!
Any comments would be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks, DDL

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #2  
I used to have a 611 bradco backhoe on a kubota 3710. Sold the tractor and now use it on my 873 bobcat skidsteer. Bradco makes a very nice, industrial grade backhoe. I bought it used. Bradco didn't recommended that size of hoe for a 3710 but does recommend it for the 873. The 3710 used a subframe mount. Not too difficult to mount but took about 5-10 minutes on the tractor. Few minutes to unhook from tractor. Quicker to hook/unhood onto the 87I don't know if it would work with a cab tractor and the backhoe seat was nearly touching the tractor seat. Never had a problem with it. It would pull/move my 3710 and 873 unless I used it right. Works better on the 873 since the weight is about 2x more.

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #3  
Since the new L's are just out it will take bradco a few months to build mounts for them. This is not their core business, so be patient. Woods will probably be the first out the gate with mounts, but their hoes are not built like Bradco's.

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #4  
Why doesn't Kubota make a backhoe for cab units?

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #5  
kubotafan said:
Implement money is spent on the cab.

:D :D Good point. Those cabs are spendy. And, they cost just about as much as a backhoe so you may be right. Chinese menu option: you can only have one from the cab/backhoe column!:(

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #6  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Since the new L's are just out it will take bradco a few months to build mounts for them. This is not their core business, so be patient. Woods will probably be the first out the gate with mounts, but their hoes are not built like Bradco's.

Hi Neil, I haven't been around much so I'll have to get back in the swing of things, but you are 100% right on Bradco. I'll take a Bradco hoe over a Woods or even a Kubota hoe. Bradco builds an industrial quality unit and stands behind it.

As to why Kubota don't offer a hoe for their cab tractors, I don't have the foggiest idea other than it would take quite a bit of modification to the Kubota hoe frame to mount the hoe on a cabin tractor. The Bradco mounts are quite substantial as you are aware.

If you want to cut me a good deal on the big Bradco, I'm considering one for my M9.:)

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #7  
I’ve got the Woods and no problem in 5 years, well if you count the $1.25 O-Ring, then yes it’s cost me $1.25 in repairs. Digs like dog after a bone.:)

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #8  
Yea, there is absolutly nothing wrong with a Woods hoe. Their product is on par or better than any of the other companies. You just gotta give credit where its due, and Bradco's product is on another level (price wise too)

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #9  
IslandTractor said:
Why doesn't Kubota make a backhoe for cab units?
Most tractors built today use a common platform that makes it easy to get from the tractor operating area to the backhoe operating area. This is a problem with a full cab as I know I'm not going to crawl out the back window and I'd not want to have to keep getting off and running around (or nearly crawling after a dozen times) to keep up with digging.
The Kubota hoe's frame mount keeps the hoe's tight to the tractor so the chance of structural stress with the possibility of damage to the tractor is reduced. The further you put the hoe to the rear the more leverage it has to raise havoc with the tractor chassis potentially causing failure.
The tightness of the Kubota backhoe to the tractor doesn't allow for enough room for a comfortable seat to be there.

/ Aftermarket backhoe on L-40 factory cab #10  
Art:

I agree, to a point. The Kubby mounts and the Bradco mounts are 2 different animals. I'll still take a Bradco over a Woods or OEM Kubota. They cost more like Neil stated, but you get a better hoe.