New Grand L's HST PLUS

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #11  
Muleskinner said:
The M problem is wide spread if you bought an early one. The dash light problem is not just "confusion." Anyone with an early M will not have preheat, low fuel or 4X4 warning lights that operate. Kubota states the early M's did not have the proper wiring installed to make these items work.

According to all the service information that dealers have access to the 4x4 light is not inculded with the first few units. Thats a known problem. If you are having problems with other indicators you need to look into getting these corrected as they are not mentioned in the service bulltins. The preheat and fuel lights should be working on all machines, there is a fair amount of confusion simply because these lights rarely illuminate to being with. There are also several other lights that look to be present on the dash, but not all of them are used on each model. These issues are best sorted out at the dealership, the internet is not a good source of information for this kinda stuff.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #12  
My dealer has installed a "Field fix" for the preheat light as instructed by Kubota. My dealer informed me the low fuel warning light is also an "Early model issue", as the later serial numbered units have both the low fuel and the preheat indicator warning lights operational. Kubota is aware of this issue and refuses to fix it.

The internet is not the place to have this issue repaired or "sorted out", but the internet is the place to make early model M series tractor owners aware of the problem. If owners do not know about the problem and are not made aware of the problem by their dealers, as I was not until I discovered the problem myself, then how will they learn about the problem? I doubt seriously if Kubota will step up and make their customers aware of the problem. Ignorence is not bliss!

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #13  
Not to take away from the Kubotas as I have an L5030HSTC and enjoy it but the hydro features are just a mix of JD's electronic HST controls and NH's pump controls to allow bi-speed. Maybe I'm wrong on this? It will certainly make the operation nicer but I don't like electronics.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #14  
slowzuki said:
Not to take away from the Kubotas as I have an L5030HSTC and enjoy it but the hydro features are just a mix of JD's electronic HST controls and NH's pump controls to allow bi-speed. Maybe I'm wrong on this? It will certainly make the operation nicer but I don't like electronics.

Sounds like a great modification for their HST trannys, I sure have enjoyed my last troublefree 1,500 hours of GST use though! :D

Here's part of their press release on the new advanced HST in Grand L 40's:

Debuting in the Grand L40 tractors is Kubota's newly developed,
electronically controlled hydrostatic transmission (HST) called the HST
Plus. It makes operating a tractor simple, while delivering maximum
performance.

HST Plus has four innovative functions that create a new dimension of
performance and ease of operation:
1. By simply adjusting a dial, the operator selects one of 13 response
levels for HST Response Control that appropriately controls
transmission response to the HST pedal.

2. Operators can choose automatic or manual mode for the Hydro Dual Speed (H-DS), which allows additional high and low shifting -- even while
moving -- within each hydrostatic speed range, to create a total of
six speed ranges.

3. In response to pressing a mode-selection button, the revolutionary
Load-sensing Stall Guard automatically manages power to the wheels,
preventing engine stall under load. This can be combined with H-DS for
the ultimate in productivity and ease of operation.

4. The new Auto-throttle-advance feature simulates the ease of driving an
automatic-transmission car by synchronizing tractor speed and engine
power with the HST pedal, while reducing fuel consumption.

"People can also choose Grand L40 gear models with Kubota's exclusive
Glide Shift Transmission (GST) for electronically controlled, clutchless
operation, or a fully synchronized main-and-shuttle transmission (FST) for
economic reliability," says Bifani. "This provides the ultimate in
flexibility to truly meet the needs of commercial and residential operators
alike."

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #16  
slowzuki said:

I think that's basically correct, but Kubota combined the two and it seems like a great combo. They were also nice enough to leave 3 mechanical ranges vs. the 2 mechanical ranges you get on a TC45DA.

Messick - sure, the M problems may be a limited number of early production models, but how do you think those owners feel? As has been stated, they paid the same for theirs (probably more, really) than people who bought later and got all the features.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #17  
Z-Michigan said:
Messick - sure, the M problems may be a limited number of early production models, but how do you think those owners feel? As has been stated, they paid the same for theirs (probably more, really) than people who bought later and got all the features.

I'll send you a PM about this.