New Grand L's HST PLUS

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
Stopped at the dealer today and the new catalogs were out for the 07's. What caught my eye was the new HST Plus. It has a HST Response control to go with the rask. Also a Hydro 6 speed with load sensing and stall guard. Looks simple to use but complicated if something goes wrong. I know Kubotas are quite bullet proof but I'm really not a fan of buying a new concept before its track tested buy the consumer. What are your opinions??? I have a GST so I don't know what you HST owners think.?..

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #2  
That non-stall feature has been in use on diesel pickups for @ six years now so they may be using a little of that proven technology for that feature.
It will be interesting to see how it all comes out. I know I am not in the market for a new tractor...I still need to pay off the one I have now:(

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #3  
I've now seen a couple of the L40's with HST and they look VERY nice. The new HST pedal is an improvement, even if you liked the L30 pedal style. I think JD and NH will have to catch up in the next year or two. However, after reading the Mxx40 series issues on the operating forum, I would wait til the L40's have been around at least 6 months before buying one.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #4  
I agree with johnk, there are always bugs to work out on new models. I myself was very lucky not to get a crooked loader B3030.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #5  
I find some comments here interesting! Maybe we've been lucky to but we sold or found no bent loader arms on the 3030's that we sold. We've not found any mass produced glitches on the Kubota's that were built in from the factory or by design. We have had isolated problems that may have been caused from not working with the operator enough to train how to operate the equipment properly. We've also seen some repairs that were caused from gross abuse of the equipment from overload or improper use. Kubota is one company that I feel perfectly safe in selling their new products and feel safe in saying that!

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #6  
art said:
I find some comments here interesting! Maybe we've been lucky to but we sold or found no bent loader arms on the 3030's that we sold. We've not found any mass produced glitches on the Kubota's that were built in from the factory or by design. We have had isolated problems that may have been caused from not working with the operator enough to train how to operate the equipment properly. We've also seen some repairs that were caused from gross abuse of the equipment from overload or improper use. Kubota is one company that I feel perfectly safe in selling their new products and feel safe in saying that!
Agreed, however there are exceptions, even with kubotas high quality. There seems to be some issues with m models at present, lots of factory finish work, unfinished behind the dashboards.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #7  
lawn_king said:
Agreed, however there are exceptions, even with kubotas high quality. There seems to be some issues with m models at present, lots of factory finish work, unfinished behind the dashboards.

As a dealer, its kinda frustrating reading stuff like this when its simply not the case. The entire M-series thread is basicly about the experience of 1-2 people who represent a very small minority. We've been selling M's almost as fast as we can get them in and I've not seen a single one come back in the shop. I've been following the M-series thread pretty closley and from what I've read there's only one person who has an actual issue, the rest is just general confusion.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #8  
I stand corrected, and apologize, my interpretation of the m problems was that it was widespread. I, as you know are a loyal kubota owner and will continue to be so.

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #9  
This is exaclty what is so useful, and potentially damaging about excellent sites like this. We all need to learn from everyones' experiences, good and bad. Even speculation becomes part of the 'permanent record'.

My experience with Kubota, and my dealer thus far mean I would try the new L40 HST in a heartbeat. I made a choice and got an L5030 based on price because I knew the 40's were coming out. But it was a tough choice! Just ask GlowPlug if he's happy with his M!

-Brian

/ New Grand L's HST PLUS #10  
The M problem is wide spread if you bought an early one. The dash light problem is not just "confusion." Anyone with an early M will not have preheat, low fuel or 4X4 warning lights that operate. Kubota states the early M's did not have the proper wiring installed to make these items work.

Yet in the factory owners manuel it states these lights should work. So. I guess it comes down to if you by a new model right from the start of production you get items that do not work, but you pay the same as a later model that the items do work. If you wait until the product has been out for a year or so, then you get a tractor that has all of the items working on it.

There is also an acknowledgement from Kubota about the front curl cylinder problem. This is not "confusion" either.