kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #1  

workinallthetime

Veteran Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, ZD326P
just priced the kubota zd321 9800.00. sound right to anyone? gonna wait a month till its needed to buy it and have been looking at alot of models. John deere is way higher in price than the bigger z-turn kubota. I want diesel and looks like kubota is going to win again. anyone have any complaints with zd kubotas?

24 and snow tonight
64 and sun in 2 days i love this state

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #2  
Which model Z-Trak are you comparing the ZD321 to???
I guess I don't understand how the Deere is "way higher in price" and smaller than the Kubota?
I am not trying to be rude, but how did you come up with your conclusions?

The Deere 777 w/60" 7-Iron II Mower Deck should sell for $9,800.00 as well:
27hp Liquid-Cooled V-Twin Gas vs 21hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel;
Single 12gal Fuel Tank with one fill point vs Dual Fuel Tanks, 11.9gal with two fill points;
Dual Unitized Pump System with Parker Ross Wheel Motors vs Two Hydrostatic Transmissions;
2 gallon hydraulic tank - system uses regular oil vs 3 quart hydraulic tank - system requires synthetic oil;
7 gauge One Piece Stamped Steel mower deck vs 7 gauge Fabricated Steel Mower Deck;
(btw - Deere is the only manufacturer that has the capability to stamp 7 gauge steel - that is one big press!)
18,000 fpm blade tip speed vs 17,200 fpm blade tip speed;
89" long, 74" wide - 1,300 lbs vs 86" long, 66.1" wide - 1,671 lbs

The Deere 997 w/60" 7-Iron II Mower Deck should sell for $13,200.00:
31hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel vs 21hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel;
12gal Single Tank w/Single Fill Point vs 11.9 Dual Tanks w/Two Fill Points;
DUP System w/Parker Ross wheel motors vs Two Hydrostatic Transmissions;
3.2 gallon Hydraulic Tank using regular oil vs 3 quart Hydraulic Tank requiring Synthetic Oil;
7 gauge One Piece Stamped Steel deck vs 7 guage Fabricated steel deck;
96" long, 74" wide - 1,774 lbs vs 86" long, 66.1" wide - 1,671 lbs

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #3  
Maybe a location thing, he's in Ok, your in Utah?

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #4  
BleedGreen said:
Which model Z-Trak are you comparing the ZD321 to???
I guess I don't understand how the Deere is "way higher in price" and smaller than the Kubota?
I am not trying to be rude, but how did you come up with your conclusions?

The Deere 777 w/60" 7-Iron II Mower Deck should sell for $9,800.00 as well:
27hp Liquid-Cooled V-Twin Gas vs 21hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel;
Single 12gal Fuel Tank with one fill point vs Dual Fuel Tanks, 11.9gal with two fill points;
Dual Unitized Pump System with Parker Ross Wheel Motors vs Two Hydrostatic Transmissions;
2 gallon hydraulic tank - system uses regular oil vs 3 quart hydraulic tank - system requires synthetic oil;
7 gauge One Piece Stamped Steel mower deck vs 7 gauge Fabricated Steel Mower Deck;
(btw - Deere is the only manufacturer that has the capability to stamp 7 gauge steel - that is one big press!)

The Deere 997 w/60" 7-Iron II Mower Deck should sell for $13,200.00:
31hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel vs 21hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel;
12gal Single Tank w/Single Fill Point vs 11.9 Dual Tanks w/Two Fill Points;
DUP System w/Parker Ross wheel motors vs Two Hydrostatic Transmissions;
3.2 gallon Hydraulic Tank using regular oil vs 3 quart Hydraulic Tank requiring Synthetic Oil;
7 gauge One Piece Stamped Steel deck vs 7 guage Fabricated steel deck;
96" long, 74" wide - 1,774 lbs vs 86" long, 66.1" wide - 1,671 lbs
Not for nothing and not to start a war but the 900 series is the closest to being equal and the 700 series deere is not at all in the same class.
Where is the hydraulic lift?
What width drive belt is on the 7 iron deere deck?
You need a what to raise the front of the deere to service?
A gas engine really does burn 30 percent more fuel!

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #5  
I have a Kubota ZD28. Love it. Love the hydraulic deck lift and built-in jack. I have 200 hours on it. Have mowed hundreds of acres. Not a single problem. The new models appear to be even better. I wouldn't have gas over diesel.

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #6  
art said:
Not for nothing and not to start a war but the 900 series is the closest to being equal and the 700 series deere is not at all in the same class.
Where is the hydraulic lift?
What width drive belt is on the 7 iron deere deck?
You need a what to raise the front of the deere to service?
A gas engine really does burn 30 percent more fuel!

Not trying to start a war here either!!! :D

I was confused as to why he felt the Deere was "way more money" and smaller than the "bigger Z-turn kubota" - so I supplied pricing and specs that, IMHO show that the 777 is comparably priced, slightly larger and 300 lbs lighter than the ZD321... I will answer your questions the best I can:
1) On the Kubota :eek:
2) 3/4" - which is "slightly" ;) smaller than the Kubota driveshaft.
3) To service the mower deck, you need only to lift the access door above the deck. To change the blades you need a jack or a contestant from the World's Strongest Man Competition! :eek:

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green
BLEEDGREEN,
I was looking at specs from the jd web page and specs from kubota page. I went to my kubota dealer and got the price from him, i wish bota had a web site like deere. If i was going to spend less than 5k i would buy a deere w/ a gas engine, but im spending almost 10 so I want diesel. I have mowed with a gas and a diesel engine there really is no comparison when it comes to the thick stuff. I will be using it commercially so i need fast and reliable. Heat kills any engine, and an air cooled engine in oklahoma when its 104 outside just isnt a real good idea, the jd455 diesel (i think thats the number) we use over heats in the hot summer. Had to replace the radiator on it but it has over 3000 hours on it with blow-by and week hydro. I think its a shame JD only offers one diesel unit in z-turn mowers, its good for us when mfg. compete.
The 331 kubota is close to the deere but almost 1500 less. As for the stamped deck that point means zip to me, my dad has run nothing but deeres for as long as i can remember and I have had to weld,bend, reinforce ect to those decks since i knew how.
27hp Liquid-Cooled V-Twin Gas vs 21hp Liquid-Cooled 3 cylinder Diesel
NO COMPARISON THERE, GAS VS DIESEL
Single 12gal Fuel Tank with one fill point vs Dual Fuel Tanks, 11.9gal with two fill points
MEANING WHAT?
Dual Unitized Pump System with Parker Ross Wheel Motors vs Two Hydrostatic Transmissions
DEERE OUT SOURCING AGAIN, HYDRO WORKS FOR ME
5 QT DIFFERENCE, ANOTHER REASON DEERE IS MORE EXPENSIVE TO SERVICE
7 gauge One Piece Stamped Steel mower deck vs 7 gauge Fabricated Steel Mower Deck
CHEEPER TO STAMP THAN FAB
18,000 fpm blade tip speed vs 17,200 fpm blade tip speed
THAT 800 RPM MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUT I THINK 17,2 WILL CUT SOME SERIOUOS GRASS
LONGER,WIDER, AND WAYS LESS, MIGHT BE A ISSUE GETTING THROUGH A GATE BUT THINK ITS A MUTE POINT.

GLOWPLUG
thanks for your input thats what i wanted to hear, somone who owns one and has used it and still loves it

my poor dad is 73 and is GREEN with envy over my bx23, but i let him drive it around to see how sweet it really is. Hs is proud of his boy and says his only regret is not buying me a tractor when i was out of high school instead of sending me to party at osu.

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #8  
workinallthetime said:
just priced the kubota zd321 9800.00. sound right to anyone? gonna wait a month till its needed to buy it and have been looking at alot of models. John deere is way higher in price than the bigger z-turn kubota. I want diesel and looks like kubota is going to win again. anyone have any complaints with zd kubotas?

24 and snow tonight
64 and sun in 2 days i love this state

RELEASE THE HOUNDS...

Workinallthetime, if you haven't figured it out by now, MOST (not all) people on TBN (like any other product forum out on the 'net) bleed the color of the tractor that they bought. You'll make the fuzz on the back of their necks stand up with bold thread titles like that, which can be misconstrued as "orange is better than green" or vice versa. Don't even go there! Me, I love my color tractor, but it doesn't mean I bleed that color...or get a sponsor check from the manufacturer each month (meaning I have to endorse them wholeheartedly). If I had the $, I'd buy every color known...that way I could bash them all and get away with it:p , nah, just kidding. They're all good tractors, and dependent on where you live, prices vary for comparable colors. Don't rule JD out. They've been around for as long as the Japs have been making samurai swords...well....almost;)

Good luck, and go put on your steel toed boots so when the hounds are released, your toes won't get stepped on.
-Podunk

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green #9  
Kubota has a 60% market share in the diesel zero turn segment (as stated at the last dealer meeting) , and there are almost 30 companies who build diesel machines. The old ZD's where good, the new ones are better - lots better. Anyone who has an aging ZD owes it to themselves to check out the new ones. I was really surprised that they decided to update a model that was selling so well - I was not sure what they would change... but they really did it right. Its really makes alot of machines look like they where engineered by a bunch of 12 year olds. We adjusted our sales forcasts with some of the other brands that we carry because of it.

/ kubota zd321 looks way better than anything green
MessickFarmEqu said:
Kubota has a 60% market share in the diesel zero turn segment (as stated at the last dealer meeting) , and there are almost 30 companies who build diesel machines. The old ZD's where good, the new ones are better - lots better. Anyone who has an aging ZD owes it to themselves to check out the new ones. I was really surprised that they decided to update a model that was selling so well - I was not sure what they would change... but they really did it right. Its really makes alot of machines look like they where engineered by a bunch of 12 year olds. We adjusted our sales forcasts with some of the other brands that we carry because of it.

does 9800.00 sound about right?