Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #1  

Podunkadunk

Veteran Member
I was going through some old paperwork, ran across the quoted price I was given at a local Mahindra dealership on the 2006 3215 HST 4x4. This didn't include any implements...just the tractor.

This price was "out the door".

$16,024.20:eek:

(15710.00 for the tractor)
(314.20 tax)

This is why I posted before that Mahindra's ain't cheap!!!!!!!!!!!! And you wonder why I went Orange.

-Podunkadunk

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #2  
Podunkadunk said:
I was going through some old paperwork, ran across the quoted price I was given at a local Mahindra dealership on the 2006 3215 HST 4x4. This didn't include any implements...just the tractor.

This price was "out the door".

$16,024.20:eek:

(15710.00 for the tractor)
(314.20 tax)

This is why I posted before that Mahindra's ain't cheap!!!!!!!!!!!! And you wonder why I went Orange.

-Podunkadunk

Well, Mitsubishi's aren't cheaper than Kubota's in Japan either, you see, they aren't a cheap tractor. :) The 15 series Mahindra's aren't out to try to find the bottom of the market. They are a well built Japanese tractor and they will not be priced like an entry level chinese unit. Even so, you can do a lot better than the price you were quoted for the 3215, it all depends on the dealer.

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price
Dave,
Never said Mahindra's were cheap, on the contrary! The thing is this guy gave me the lowest price he could (yeah right). I actually liked the Mahindra. But being new to the tractor buying world, and unfamiliar with the Mahindra product (except internet reading), I couldn't see spending more for a brand I didn't know than for a brand I knew and had already been advised on.

I almost fell over backward when he told me that price. I got my Kubota for almost exactly 2k cheaper.

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #4  
Glad they moved this to the Kubota section. I do understand your point, and faced with an overpriced Mahindra (at that dealership) compared to a great price on a Kubota, you did the right thing. There is no reason to spend your money foolishly.

But I'm not sure why you would post this opinion yet again, other than to stir things up? It's not like you were answering someones question. It's just not good protocol in my opinion.

You see I could start a post and say something like, "Is it really true that the WXYZ Kubota only lifts xxx # and the Mahindra WXYZ actually lifts 80% more? Aren't they both built in Japan, and why doesn't such and such Kubota come with position control?" I wouldn't really be asking a question, I'd be just stirring the pot.

I'm not one to stir things up. There are a lot of good tractors out there, and Kubota is always near the top, and some would say at the top. Let's just be respectful of other brands and not try to be inflammatory. Or am I just being too sensitive? :eek: :rolleyes: :)

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #5  
Area and dealer (or both) have a lot to do with prices on all the brands.

Dave,
I posted because I wanted to make a point that Mahindra's aren't cheap. If you read anymore into it than that, that's your opinion.

As for you stating:

"But I'm not sure why you would post this opinion yet again, other than to stir things up? It's not like you were answering someones question. It's just not good protocol in my opinion."

My post was for all the new to TBN guys who haven't bought a tractor yet. Since I have been on TBN, I have noticed that guys will post that they are "on a budget", "need a cheapo tractor"...blah, blah, blah. Then they post Mahindra at the top of their list. Mahindra's AIN'T CHEAP. They aren't cheaply made or priced, the latter at least in my neck of the country.

Anyhow, I guess the comment I made saying "no wonder I bought orange" got this post moved...nothing else. It WAS a statement legit to the comparison/buying/PRICING forum.

Everybody's always walking on egg shells about which tractor they own, me included because of my "orange" comment. I should have just said Kubota and from now on I will. Everyone is pretty much scared someone will get their feelings hurt. Dude, we are all men here, no sensitive thongs allowed. I'll repeat, I like all tractors. If it rolls and does the job, I don't give a rat's arse if you bought a gold plated tractor built by aliens. My point is, if you own a JD and want to think your tractor is numero uno, good on you. Same with Yan-Mar, NH, Case, Kioti, Massey...................list goes on and on. It doesn't hurt my feelings and shouldn't bother anyone else unless they are having buyers remorse for purchasing their particular brand.

Have a good day Dave!

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #7  
Podunk,

I understand, you were just doing a community service announcement regarding Mahindra as compared to Orange. Cool with me if you feel the need.

I'm not sure what you mean by sensitive "thong"....but I suspect a typo.:)

Dave,
No worries. It's all good. Have a good (remaining) weekend.
Podunk

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #9  
The 15 series Mahindra's aren't out to try to find the bottom of the market. They are a well built Japanese tractor [/QUOTE said:
I thought Mahindra was an Indian company?

That price seems competitive with Kubotas.

/ Mahindra 3215 HST, 4x4 Price #10  
All of Mahindra's compact 32hp and below are made by Mitsubishi in Japan for Mahindra.