L3240 HST

/ L3240 HST #1  

Whistler II

Tractor
2007 - Kubota - L3240
Well… I did it! I took the plunge! I bought a L3240 Kubota (HST) with a LA724 quick attach loader. I also bought a Land Pride 72” Box Scraper, a Westendorf Bush Crusher Grapple and a Westendorf Cool Cap for the ROPS.
All was delivered a few days ago and I have put it to good use.
I will add pictures soon as well as a progress report on the tractors performance.

Phil

/ L3240 HST #2  
Welcome to the Kubota Group. I'm sure you'll get a lot of work out of the ole girl... Good luck with the purchase...Even though you won't need any...

/ L3240 HST
Orange is Gold (IMHO)

Sorry… according to my wife, this is a bit wordy!

This Kubota L3240 is performing magnificently.

Rather than the LA514 loader, I opted for the beefier LA724 loader with a quick attach heavy duty 72” bucket.

Because I waned to use a grapple claw, I had the Kubota electrically operated third function valve kit added by the dealer prior to delivery. The stock loader control lever is replaced with one that has the 3rd function control switches on it, and the 3rd function hydraulic couplers get added to the Loader arm near the quick attach point .

I bought Westendorf’s Bush Crusher Grapple, which quick attaches to the LA724 loader. Its two Hydraulic hoses attach easily but, should have been color coded. A shot of spray paint on one hose took care of that.

Prior to buying the L3240, I had been using a friends L3010. The L3010 had the FST transmission and I got accustomed to reversing direction with the lever on the left side of the steering wheel.
It has taken some time to get used to the HST transmission on my L3240. The HST pedal is awkward at first, I had to think first, then think again, then step on the pedal. It is not like driving a car!!! Several times I wound up going in the wrong direction, this is not good when next to a drop-off or the side of a house.
I kept finding myself trying to reverse direction with the wrong lever. The little lever on the left of the steering wheel of the L3240 is NOT for forward/reverse, but rather for Hi/Lo range.

I am starting to get the hang of it and I’m not complaining, just retraining.

The grapple is great!!! I can pick up piles of tree limbs or whole sections of trees. I have a lot of trees on my acreage, and I can cut them into 10 to 12 foot lengths with the chain saw, then pick them up and move them to a pile or onto a trailer with out breaking a sweat.

More Later...

/ L3240 HST #4  
Thanks! Wordy is good. Let us hear what you have to say, and put up some pictures.

/ L3240 HST #5  
Welcome:D

You are off to a great start... great choices in equipment... pictures?:)

/ L3240 HST
Sorry . . .

Here are a few pictures !!!

I'll add more later.

Attachments

• 1_3636.jpg
    1_3636.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,576
  • 1_3637.jpg
    1_3637.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 1_3583.jpg
    1_3583.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,292
   / L3240 HST #7  
Great photos!
Wow! You got quite a bite on you.... front and rear:eek: I'm not going to mess with you!

When I began picking up some really heavy stuff, I discovered I had to do the following:

Increase front tire pressure to max stated on the tire sidewall... to keep them inflated under heavy load, prevent rolling tire off rim on tight, loaded turns

Add 1000 plus pounds weight on 3ph carry all to keep rear tires (which are filled) firmly on the ground.

Suggest you consider same.

You have some FUN ahead of you!