First Time Kubota buyer

/ First Time Kubota buyer #1  

jce

Hi All I have been watching posts here for some time and I appreciate the informed conversation, it has helped me make my decision on Kubota. This is my question I feel comfortable with auto pricing because there is a MSRP you can work with but with tractors I'm lost. I live in NC. but will be buying tractor for property in VA. I've decided on either the Kubota B7800 with HST or the L3400 with HST..now to my question is there room in regular dealer pricing to work with a % off like in autos so far 3 dealers have given me there "ball park " price and there all within a few dollars. Your experience with these dealerships would be appreciated. (all 3 by the way have been very helpful and professional). respond here or to my email jce28115@yahoo.com..Thanks in advance

/ First Time Kubota buyer #2  
rickster said:
I paid $15300 & tax for B7800 mid pto, filled tires, 2 hats and delivery!
I really like my tractor alot! Not to big and not to small with enough
power to get the job done.

WoW, two hats you say! :eek: :D

/ First Time Kubota buyer #3  
That is an excellent question.

I know that with a vehicle the wiggle room is around 25%.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the same applies to a tractor.

/ First Time Kubota buyer #4  
My local Kubota dealer did not want to budge at all. I think it was just him though because other makes in the area are willing to go about 10% or so.

/ First Time Kubota buyer #5  
Welcome. We all look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some pics when you do decide to get your two free hats (and maybe a t-shirt);)

Get on the phone and narrow down your list of prospective dealers. Unless there aren't too many within 100 miles of you. In that case, you may have to drive further. Call and ask for there best out the door price. Work them against each other. Tell dealer x about dealer y's deal and so on. It won't take long to find your own rock bottom price.

From what I've gathered on this forum and from limited experience (1 tractor purchase), tractor dealerships are a lot like car dealerships. Some deal in volume and can give a better deal than others who only have a very limited number of tractors on the lot.

There are dealers on this site who post regularly. Hopefully, one will see your post and respond. Otherwise, I bet someone who just bought a BX or L3400 will tell you what they paid out the door.

Good luck, I wish I had some magic number for you, but truthfully, I don't think there is one. Each particular dealer has so much vested in advertising, overhead, etc. that prices do vary, albeit sometimes a neglible amount.

Post pics when you pull the trigger!

Podunk

/ First Time Kubota buyer #6  
Just last month I bought a new B7800 with FEL (402), 72inch MMM and Bushhog brand PHD with 12 inch blade. Delivered to me about 60 miles away with 2 sets of keys and a new hat (only 1/4 tank of diesel though).
Price out the door with tax and after rebate 19,300

/ First Time Kubota buyer
Thanks for the replies...I will follow up once I make the purchase

/ First Time Kubota buyer #8  
The difference between dealer cost and MSRP was recently adjusted. Anything you find online is obsolete now.

Really, as a dealer I have no clue what MSRP is... nor do I care. Its not a figure that we use when comming up with the price of a tractor.

/ First Time Kubota buyer #9  
Fug1000 said:
Just last month I bought a new B7800 with FEL (402), 72inch MMM and Bushhog brand PHD with 12 inch blade. Delivered to me about 60 miles away with 2 sets of keys and a new hat (only 1/4 tank of diesel though).
Price out the door with tax and after rebate 19,300

LOL....same here....I was ticked.:cool:

/ First Time Kubota buyer #10  
For what it’s worth, Carver cool_season_new is advertising a B7800 for $11,795. Last I heard list price on a B7800 was $14,299, which would represent approximately 17% off list.