Can't decide

/ Can't decide #1  

Roadkill95

Silver Member
Tractor
none now
I'm still torn between a b7610 with a fel for now, and a woods backhoe later or buy a bx24tlb. Or maybe just rent a hoe when needed. Perhaps a bx2350 with a FEL and mower deck. I have a wheel horse that I mow with now so a deck is not a must now.
How much better would the woods hoe on the 7610 be over the bx24?
I like both tractors, I have about 3 acres to do some loader work and some woods to clear, not alot.
I like the ground clearance on the 7610 but I think the bx24 would be ok
How about mowing? I'm sure the BX would out shine the 7610, right?
I need to make a choice real soon

Kubota take one of these tractors off the market so I can go buy the other!!! or if I hurry down I can still get the other one before there gone!!!!
Help me Help me Help me

/ Can't decide #2  
Based on your post it sounds like the BX will work for your needs.
If you want a much bigger machine, then get the 7610.

/ Can't decide #3  
Besides the lower ground clearance, the smaller wheels on the BXs will make for a rougher ride than the larger wheeled B7610. If your land is smooth and even, this won't be an issue. However, if it's not smooth and if you have back problems, go for the B7610. It might still beat you up some, but not as bad.
Bob

/ Can't decide #4  
Any B series will do a great job. The BX series is simply designed for lighter, smaller duty applications.

The B series works well for me. Just my humble opinion.

/ Can't decide #5  
My new BX24 is all I wanted it to be. More power than I thought. very maneuverable and great tires with 4wd. I made some brush forks and put chain hooks on the bucket and for my residential use, all I could want. I wasn't sure when I bought it, but sure was when I turned it on after delivery. I don't cut with it as I have a Walker mower( want the best cut out there) and that is the best and great for that. I am doing all the other things I always wanted to do but couldn't! :)

/ Can't decide #6  
Roadkill,

I went thru a similar decision earlier this month. I had 12 acres and no backhoe requirement. I went with the 7610 and have been thrilled with it. The only thing I'll offer is that with a Bush Hog rear discharge RFM I get an excellent cut.

/ Can't decide #7  
Roadkill,
I would say that the 2350 would probably do just about everything you want. If you can swing the cost of the BX24, the backhoe would be a nice setup to have. I think moving up to a B series for 3 acres is a little overkill. I have a BX1500 (with FEL and 54" MMM) for my 2 acers. I have used it to clear brush and regrade about 1/8 to 1/4 acre (with box blade). It has done everything I have asked of it. The MMM does a great job for me (much faster and better than my old lawn tractor).

/ Can't decide #8  
Go for a BX23 or Bx24. It will do whatever needs to be done on you acreage... and a lot more. Because of its size, it will get into very tight spots when you're working, and will take up little storage space when you're not.

/ Can't decide #9  
Well it really does sound like the BX24 is your boy. The woods hoe later on the Bs is 8 grand. If your heart is set on a hoe I would probably go with a BX24. The only thing is your ground clearance issues and gardening. I can tell you rolling back and forth over the same spot gets real deep quick.

/ Can't decide
I am thinking I may go with a 2350 with fel and mid mount mower, or B7610 with just the FEL
About the same price @ that point, the 2350 setup may be a little cheaper,about a grand and I get the mower. I do like the extra capacity of the 7610 loader. Here I go again.
This is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It does seem the market is soft around here I test drove 4 tractors about 3-4 weeks ago and they are still on the lot.