B7500 w/ backhoe

/ B7500 w/ backhoe #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm in the market for a 7500 w/ loader (la302), mid mount mower and a backhoe.. I have been at several dealers and some only sell wools backhoes, while others sell kabota... Anyone have any experience with this?

Also the ? comes up about putting a sub-frame addition under the tractor with the hoe implement... How stable and durable is the 3pt hitch setup.

I'm told by one dealer not to do it without the subframe, yet 2 others tell me the 3pt hitch setup is fine..

Thanks for the help
George

/ B7500 w/ backhoe #2  
George, I think if you'll search the archives (probably using the words "backhoe" and "subframe") you'll find a lot of reading material on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't have a backhoe - too expensive, but from what I've read on this and other forums, the subframe is definitely better, but there are a lot of people using the 3-point hoes; you just have to be more careful, especially with the installation or hookup.

Bird

/ B7500 w/ backhoe #3  
George,

I also am looking for a loader/backhoe but in the larger B/L series, and every dealer I have been to in New England sells the Woods hoe they tell me it's much tougher than Kubota's and there is no subframe for the Kubota hoe.

Here where I live in New Hampshire the soil is mostly rocks (rarely is the digging easy)so every dealer is pro subframe. One dealer even told me about stories of operators (while putting downforce on the dipper stick) broke a 3 point mount causing the hoe to fold back KILLING the operator . That was all I needed to hear./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ B7500 w/ backhoe #4  
Hi George,

I'll tell you what route I took from the information I researched.

I purchased a B2910 with Kubota LA402 loader, R4's, folding ROPS, Woods 7500 backhoe with pump and subframe, and a Woods 1160 posthole digger.

I purchased it from my local dealer and used quotes from dealers who sell via the internet to help negotiate a fair price. (My local dealer was not the lowest price, and I did have to pay sales tax on top of the purchase price, but my dealer was very helpful and I felt comfortable working with him. To me, that was important and worth the slight price differential.)

My dealer, as you can tell, also sells Woods equipment and strongly recommended the Woods hoe w/subframe over the Kubota hoe. (As some point out, his mark-up might be higher on the Woods equipment and that's why he pushes it.) He strongly recommended the subframe mount over 3 pt. mounts. The Kubota is a 3 pt. mount, I believe, and I've read enough posts to feel a bit "safer" (for me AND my tractor) using a subframe mount hoe. My advice on this: If you're putting on a Kubota hoe, use whatever Kubota recommends. If another manufacturer, go with the subframe mount.

On the other hand, if you'll be using a midmount mower (I do not) the backhoe subframe mount will, I believe, interfere with the midmount mower. This will make mower/backhoe changeover a much more difficult task. My recommendation in this case is to go with the Kubota backhoe.

An interesting point is that my B2910 owners manual (page 13) states that a subframe is necessary!

Another recommendation is that a separate rear PTO hydraulic pump helps to keep the backhoe hydraulic fluid separate from the rest of the tractors hydro fluid and might therefore minimize the possibility of contaminating the tractor hydro fluid when mounting the hoe.

One last thing. When I was pricing mine, I started looking at the B7500 as well. By the time I was done adding on accessories (which really are not that much more expensive for the larger B series units than the smaller), I felt the B2910 was a much better value. When I took into account that I planned on owning this tractor for the rest of my life (which will hopefully be at least 30 more years /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) the extra few thousand $$$ seemed like a small price to pay for the extra power, size and convenience of the B2910 over the smaller B series. (I didn't need the extra hp, but it's nice to have, and the tractor doesn't have to work as hard when I ask it to dig in this rock laden clay soil I live on.)

Well, that's my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps. I think most of us have been where you are and have agonized over these decisions. Good Luck in your decision.

~Rick

/ B7500 w/ backhoe
Dear Mr. Gerhard:

Thank you for your inquiry to Kubota. The Sales Department responded with:

Woods does not manufacturer backhoes for Kubota. At one time many years ago
this was true, but not today. Woods has a model B7500 backhoe but we will assume
you are referring to the B7500 tractor. Woods implements fit most tractor
manufacturers which certainly includes Kubota.
Dealers are independent businessman and select the products they offer to their
markets. Some Kubota dealers sell other lines of equipment and tractors. In this
process they may take on a line of attachments that can fit both lines in the
interest of reducing inventory costs while maintaining product availability.
Kits must be made to adapt and fit for a universal approach.

Woods in their price book offers a 6.5' unit with a requirement of a sub-frame
#9521. The subframe itself lists at $524.00.

Kubota designs its backhoes to work with each tractor. We optimize performance,
thus allowing you what we term, a "Performance Matched" system. I'll explain - -

1. Our Backhoe is a 6.0', model #B4652 and requires a B4671A Support Frame
Kit. Our support frame kit is compatible with our 54" or 60" mid-mount mowers.
(Should you want to mow with the tractor, there is no interference between the
subframe and the mower deck). Check the Woods for that feature before making a
decision as it may be important to your requirements. A 3-Point mounted backhoe
is against our recommendation. The requirement by KUBOTA and Woods for a
sub-frame kit for this size tractor should answer your engineering request.
2. All B- Series tractors when using a backhoe must use a front loader, model
# LA272 or LA302. Again they are designed to work together. The use of
adequate front counter weighting is essential to the safe operation of the
tractor. Verify prior to purchase if you are considering other loaders or
already own one, if the support frames for the loader and backhoe will work
together. This could be costly if items have to be modified by the dealer shop.
If you purchase a Kubota system this is not an issue.
3. When using a backhoe on a B7500, you must use it with the backhoe ROPS.
Please verify how your tractor is outfitted prior to using a backhoe (std
ROPS or backhoe ROPS). Check with your Dealer if you are not sure. Also always
wear your seatbelt when in operation.

You can see that we focus on the Performance Matched system to provide you the
best performance and overall value from the original design. Please review what
information I have provided, then make your best choice for your individual
requirements. Thank-you, for taking the time to write and consider KUBOTA!

George Gerhard wrote:

> I need some infor regarding woods backhoes on kabota tractors. Some dealers
> (kubota dealers) only sell woods while others sell both. What are the pros
> and cons of the woods backhoe as compared to the kubota backhoe...
>
> Does woods make the backhoe for kubota?
> Are they the same?
>
> >From a engineering standpoint is it best to put the subframe under a B7500
> when attaching a backhoe to the tractor, or is the 3point hitch setup
> sufficient?
>
> Thanks
> George Gerhard

/ B7500 w/ backhoe
I'm intrigued, what is the difference between a "backhoe ROPS" and a "normal ROPS"?

Why would Kubota put a ROPS on any tractor that they KNOW will not work with a backhoe?

Just wonderin'

del

/ B7500 w/ backhoe
The backhoe ROPS is 6 to 10 inches higher than the regular ROPS to give more head clearance when sitting in the backhoe seat. Most people would bang their head on the regular ROPS. That extra hight makes it so a B-series will not fit through a standard garage door. More people have low doors than backhoes, so it is sold with the regular ROPS.

Andy

/ B7500 w/ backhoe
The Kubota subframe (at least on the B1700-B2400)is some steel brackets that link the rear of the tractor to the loader frame. Once mounted they stay on all the time, even without the backhoe attached.

Andy

/ B7500 w/ backhoe #9  
The folding ROPS will allow sufficient height for protection with the backhoe and allow sufficient clearance through a 7' high garage door when folded down. Anyone thinking of buying a backhoe either with the tractor or at a later date should get the folding ROPS.

~Rick