Pics of my brand new L3130

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #1  

Tractor Dr.

Alright, here are the pictures of the big day. I arrived at the dealership, which is 41 miles from my home, at 7:00am on Friday morn. Since the store didn't open for another half hour I took a good long look at the tractor before signing the papers. Made sure everything was as discussed and put together correctly. Everything w/the salesman went fairly smooth...he was a bit disorganized and unprepared for my arrival.

I only got to put about 1.5 hr on her because of a previous commitment...I will definitely have her out today mulching the yard w/my wife and kids.

I have two concerns:
1. The 66" bucket is too small
2. I know its early yet, but I am sensing a lack of power

I already called the dealer and am trading the pin on 66" bucket for QA 72". I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see the end of the bucket very well without having to strain a little. Plus the 66" bucket was lacking several inches on each side from covering the rear tires.

It may be too soon to make this judgement but I noticed that the engine bogs down pretty quick. Does anyone know if this engine's HP comes to life after break in? Are you seeing an RPM "sweet spot" that seems to give good overall torque for running around the yard? I wasn't going to max out engine RPM on a new machine. I was running about 17-18k RPM. Could be you see the torque rise at 21 or 22...I don't know.

You will see that the L3130 and Land Pride L1572 was quite a load for my 16' PJ trailer. However, the 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado and PJ did well on the trip home. This is certainly the biggest load I've had for truck and trailer. Kind of fun seeing what she'll do.

Tried to download more than just the two pics but they're over 1M...does anyone know how to reduce???????

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• kubota 2007 008.jpg
    kubota 2007 008.jpg
    968.2 KB · Views: 618
  • kubota 2007 007.jpg
    kubota 2007 007.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 516
   / Pics of my brand new L3130 #2  
Nice looking Tractor. You probably have it dirty already. I will be getting my L3400 next week. They are puting it together this week. Can,t wait. How did your trailer handle. What size is it. That may be my next purchase.

Chris

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #3  
nice tractor! I am sure you have lots of projects for it!! Oh and by the way that Silverado better be up to the task or you might just go and trade up to a HD!

Wayne

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #4  
Worried about not enough power...

If you have the HST...I suspect you are using the HST pedal like a gas pedal. When a load is applied and your engine bogs down, you need to let UP on the gas pedal instead of pressing down. Doing that, you will discover all kinds of tire spinning power, especially in low and mid gear ranges and a few RPM's!

I noticed you had a rear remote added, too. Sweet! AHHH that new tractor smell...

Fill out your profile a little more so we know where and who you are...it's nice meeting you.

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #5  
Nice trailer.

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #6  
Remember high range is mostly for transportation, use mid and low for work. I run 17-1800 in mid range for most of my activities that are super wheelbarrow work. 2200 for digging and ~2600 for PTO work.

I have not found that the 66" bucket is any hinderance and is easier to manuever. The QA is a great help if you have multiple tasks so that attachment change is quick and easy. I change a lot between the bucket and pallet forks. Get a tooth bar as the first addition, check Markham Welding.

I have found that 1500 GM is a bit shy on spring capacity and brakes for much towing which is why I use a 2500HD diesel.

Vernon

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #7  
Tractor Dr., To reduce picture size look to left side of screen, in your opened picture folder, for option that says " email this file". You may have to click on a picture for this option to appear. When you click "email this file" it will ask you if you want to reduce pic size. You say yes, it will then open a new window and stick them in outlook express or something you probably don't use. I reduce all the pics I want to send then drag and drop them out of outlook express window to a new folder a made on the desktop labeled " small ____". I'm sure there is an easier way but this works till someone else tells us what it is.
Ken

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #8  
By the way, that is one heck of a nice tractor. If you was only pulling it with a Ford...
Ken

/ Pics of my brand new L3130 #9  
Tractor Dr.,

Here's the deal. It's like buying a camper or maybe even a boat. You start out thinking that this is perfect and then you realize that they make one just a little bigger with a few more features and, in the tractor or boat case, more power. You take a hit on the trade-in and move to the next size up. The new one is perfect for a while and you realize that they make an even better one that you could do so much more if you just had that one... I'm guessing you are picking up the pattern here.

I started with at B7100, L2900, L5030HSTC and now a 7040 with a cab. The only thing I did on the last purchase is to look at the next two sizes up and take them for a spin. I think I'll have the 7040 for a while! Oh yeah, you need to get a bigger truck as you buy bigger tractors so you can pull them, and a bigger trailer... it never ends! Isn't it great? :)

/ Pics of my brand new L3130
Thanks for the compliments. IHUNT - The trailer is a 6 x 16 with a 7000lb load rating and it handled the load very well. The trailer didn't sway and the brakes worked flawlessly. The weak link is the expanded metal tailgate. I had to use 2 x 12's over the tailgate since the tires contact the tailgate where there is no reinforcement. The ole silverado just turned 90K and she's still running strong (knock on wood) and I have no plans to upgrade yet.

I think part of my perception of lack of power is that my b7800 was almost overpowered for the small frame. When I went into a pile if I sensed I was slowing I would press the pedal harder to turn the wheels faster and the engine maintained RPM. With the L3130 when I sense slowing I press the pedal harder and the engine bogs and almost stalls. I simply need to let up on the pedal (shorter gear) to avoid overworking the engine. I agree that I need to relearn how to use the pedal for this tractor.

I don't have microsoft outlook so I'm looking for a way to reduce picture sizes. Got lots more to send but they're over 1M.