Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #1  

Gowfster

Tractor
JD445, Ferris is3200 x2, LS4047, JD 1600 WAM, Kubota RTV
I got a G6200 with a house I recently purchased (to go with my BX-23) and snapped a mower belt on it. In trying to replace it, it seems there is a trick to putting the belt on... like you have to disassemble the drive system to feed the belt around the drive pully. Does anyone out there have the quick trick to getting the belt on?

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #2  
Do you have a spring loaded tensioner to keep the belt tight? That could be part of your problem and make sure to belt engage lever is in disengage position
I wish I could be more help and do you have belt routing correct for your machine

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement
It's not really the routing that suprised me. The right angle gear box vertical shaft is directly connected to the middle spindle and pinched between is the drive pully to send the power to the other blades. So it appears that the only way to get the belt on is to disassemble all of the bracketry from the gearbox , lift it off, probably have to pull the blade off the other side to do so... and then put the belt on the pully and reassemble. A lot of work just to replace a belt. Thinking there may be a preferred/simplier way!

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #4  
I'm sure the deck is like the deck on the G5200 and to replace the belt, you only have to remove the L bracket on one side of the gearbox to get the belt around the pulley, it is a tight fit, but you don't have to take anything off under the deck to get the belt on. I replaced the one on the G5200 twice and the hardest part was getting the belt between the tunnel part of the deck and the pulley, but it is doable, it's really easy for me to do it here at the keyboard.:D :D

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #5  
Milkman has got it.
Just remove the bracket on the right side of the deck and take some pressure off of the spring.
Clean everything up nice.
Another thing;
Putting the deck back on. Connect the drive shaft first.
Pin the back brackets second.
Third, put a brick under the front of the deck- to get it off the floor by 4".
Then connect the front brackets.

I got the right bracket off, and presume I have the routing right, and I was able to sneak it under the front of the gearbox(why didn't they raise it 1/4"???) so the problem appears solved (Thanks!) , but found out that the belt I got was too short. It was a 90" belt, and it looks like it needs about 93" or 94". Do you know the exact number or length that is recommended?

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #7  
I am grateful that you are having problems with the deck belt change because I was too. With the help of the your string replies I figured it out for the T1600 that I maintain for church. Perhaps it will help you. I found that the center spindle, which is directly attached to the right angle transfer box, is bound by a ‘c’ clip/ring under the deck, seen after you remove the blade. Remove the clip/ring and slide the whole right angle transfer box off the deck, exposing the pulley for removal/installation of new belt. Be careful not to lose the spacer sleeve that the ring holds in above/below the bearing pack. No need to remove either L brackets, just unbolt the four bolts holding the box to the brackets. This is how the T1600 deck works. Have fun!

Just to close the thread... Removing the right bracket only was the trick, and I used a 5/8" x 93" belt. I also used the recommendation to put the block under the front of the deck when re-attaching. All went perfectly, and the mower was back in service same day.
Thanks all,
Gowfster

/ Kubota G6200 Help ... Mower belt replacement #9  
Glad to hear you got it going, it should serve you well for years. I never tried the block under the front of the deck trick, I always pinned the two rear hangers and then reached around with one hand and raised the front edge of the deck and lifted the front hanger and inserted the pin with the other hand, then did the same on the other side. Sometimes I miss the little monster.

my 6200 has been serving me well since the belt replacement... until it died and wont restart. The symptom is that engaging the starter switch doesn't result in a solenoid click or starter motor spinning, but the dash light dims and you can hear the battery sizzle a bit... I'm thinking a short somewhere, but don't have the schematic for the tractor. A visual survey hasn't resulted in any obvious finds. with the switch in run, the fuel pump was clicking, so I assume that part works. At first it seemed that there was safety switch input that was overriding the starter function, but the dimming light and sizzle makes me think otherwise. I disconnected the battery and used a mobile jump start cart, and got the same results (minus the sizzle of the battery).
Anyone have the electrical schematic or experienced anything similar?
Thanks in advance!
tim