GR2100 HST Failure

/ GR2100 HST Failure #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
I have a GR2100 Diesel that has what appears to be a hydraulic pump failure at 208 hours. While mowing the grass this weekend, heard noise from the rear of the tractor and the blades stopped turning along with a loss of forward motion.

Some facts leading up to this event. I have changed the hydraulic fluid twice in the 208 hours and both times the screen/strainer had very small sandy type grey/silver colored particles on the screen along with larger metal shavings. (not good..) I called Kubota the first time at about 50 hours to report this, they did not seem concerned? Using Kubota Super UDT and Kubota Hyd Filter.

The white cooling fan on the pump shaft had the two retaining fasteners come loose last week. One fell out totally, the other was just about to fall out. (Vibration?)

Reverse started to fade about a month ago, almost no rearward movement when pressing the reverse pedal.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions. If the warranty is 24 months I have about one month till it expires.

Questions - is there some type of release mechansim on the HST drive to allow towing/pushing the tractor in case it does not start. For example if the engine fails to start, how can you push the tractor around. Prior to this failure with the engine off it could not be moved. Now with this pump failure it can be pushed with relative ease.

Thanks.

Disappointed Kubota GR2100 Owner

Tony

/ GR2100 HST Failure #2  
I can't help you with any technical ideas, but since you have one month left on your warranty, I suggest you contact the dealer ASAP.

/ GR2100 HST Failure #3  
I'm with Roy on this one 100%. Dealer issue under warranty. Haul it there and drop it off. It sounds like an internal assembly issue.

jb

/ GR2100 HST Failure #4  
They have had some issues with these units and your dealer should have no problem taking care of them for you.

/ GR2100 HST Failure #5  
Acolar said:
Questions - is there some type of release mechansim on the HST drive to allow towing/pushing the tractor in case it does not start. For example if the engine fails to start, how can you push the tractor around. Prior to this failure with the engine off it could not be moved. Now with this pump failure it can be pushed with relative ease.

Tony:

I am not familiar with your GR tractor, but I am in the midst of a huge
project repairing a Kubota B21HST with trans problems. In debugging
my machine, I have learned several surprising things:
although the B21 has an HST filter and a separate hydraulic filter, the
HST charge pump sucks its fluid through a separate metal screen filter.
My charge pump is warn out from inhaling hyd fluid with particles in it.
The other surprising thing is my HST itself is OK. My gear box was
trashed by a broken gear. The HST drives the gear box.

As for your question, doesn't your tractor have a shifter to put the
drivetrain in neutral?

/ GR2100 HST Failure
Went to the dealer today for an update on my Kubota. Tech found that a bearing was destroyed which put metal into the system. A gear was broken and along with damaged HST pump. Most of the parts have been ordered except the big on the rear half of the case/housing. None in stock in USA part backordered from Japan with no ETA.

Not a good situation, only 200 hours on the machine.

Has anyone had their machine in for a long warranty repair and received any assistance from Kubota on monthly payments.

Tony

/ GR2100 HST Failure #7  
Assistance with the payment? No parts and no ETA, tell Kubota you need to borrow a machine until yours is fixed or take it back.
I work for a GM dealer and I see this all the time 2 year old car and no parts in the warehouse and no ETA. And for this reason, and because they do seem to need alot of parts I don't drive GM
I bet they had a change in vendor because of a issue and now they are trying to line up another vender to make this part, sounds like it could be months.:(
I hope it don't take as long as it did to replace all of those BX seats:D

/ GR2100 HST Failure
Anybody have a phone number to Kubota Customer Service Support.

Thanks.

Tony

/ GR2100 HST Failure #9  
Hope you can get your part. Although not a tractor my Maytag range broke after 6 months. The lower oven heating element went. It took a month before I got a "we don't know when the part will be made". I called HD, where I bought it from, and said I was going to return it. Magically they found a part and had it fixed in a week. Seams they never did a search of all the dealers to find one that had the part. You can ask some of the larger dealers around the net to see if one has the part.