G1800

/ G1800 #11  
I'm also having trouble getting the front tires off. I finally had to insert a tube in the front tires after the original tires had small splits that kept giving me flats. Can`t complain about cracking rubber on a 16 year old machine though!!

I couldn`t get the tire assembly off so I had to resort to installing the tubes with the tires still on. Not hard though, just a bit difficult.

I`m OK for now, but I`ll try the suggestion of oiling and wacking with a hammer.

/ G1800 #12  
Jas67;

I know your 2008 price for a Kubota 48" mower deck was $300. Today that same drive assembly is $645., but the two u-joints are, including Alabama tax $178., which I spent at the Kubota Dealer in Dothan, AL today to repair my Kubota 1800-S mower deck. I have had my Kubota for many years and haven't had any major engine problems but have had problems with the electronics, like the start igniter and engine shut off, mostly when they get wet, so I park it under my barn shed when not using it. I built and installed a manual shutoff and rewired the start igniter through a toggle switch so I could turn it on and off manually...on about 5 seconds will do the start up trick. I have also had to have the starter rebuilt twice, but all in all that's routing maintenance to me. I work it hard since I live on a farm in Jackson County Florida and have quite a few acres that I mow with my Kubota, but use my larger diesel tractor and bush hog type mower attachment for other heavier mowing, like my Pecan orchard. I like the mower because it is 4-wheel steering and the blade speed throttle is independent of the forward or rearward movement pedal. It has a good blade adjustment system for lawns. Kubota's mower deck rollers cost around $20. each so I substituted those $20.+ rollers for new $3.50 each 4-inch boat trailer bow bumper rollers. They work fine. I keep repairing my K1800 because I like it so much and a new comparable mower costs in the range of $12,000. As a practice I just replace the blades every year. Good Luck. Contact me if you have questions that I might be able to give you suggestions.

/ G1800 #13  
You can download the parts manual with diagrams and parts list for the Kubota 1800 and mower decks from Messick's Parts at phone 877-260-3528 or e-mail: staff@Messicks.com