Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #1  

snodog

Hello. I'm currently considering a G1900 4WS with pretty low hrs. Would be needing a snowblower and bagger for it.
- Are these auxillary items commonly available used? I've not seen them in my searches yet.
- Is the snowblower a shaft drive or belt? (TG2742)
- Are they good units, in terms of function and headaches?

Is there any way to determine if the hr meter is working or has been tampered with? This unit is "described" to be in excellent shape, but I've not seen it 1st hand yet to trust the desc of the hrs or match it to the tractor condition.

Although this potentially would be my first orange member of the family (and 1st diesel), my family linage includes Gravely, Deere, and Deutz-Allis. I do all my own mtce and have seen the comments on the driveshaft universals and also the safety switches. Are there any other things to look for when evaluating it? I generally trust my own judgement of this stuff (feeling of smoothness in all the mechanisms and lack of odd noises), but anything that might not be immediately obvious (leaky hyd seals, engine specifics, etc)? Trying to do my homework before a purchase, instead of after!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
   / Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #2  
I don't know about the G1900 series ; but I sure like the looks of the current G2100 series!

L . B . ::::::::::::

Hello. I'm currently considering a G1900 4WS with pretty low hrs. Would be needing a snowblower and bagger for it.
- Are these auxillary items commonly available used? I've not seen them in my searches yet.
- Is the snowblower a shaft drive or belt? (TG2742)
- Are they good units, in terms of function and headaches?

Is there any way to determine if the hr meter is working or has been tampered with? This unit is "described" to be in excellent shape, but I've not seen it 1st hand yet to trust the desc of the hrs or match it to the tractor condition.

Although this potentially would be my first orange member of the family (and 1st diesel), my family linage includes Gravely, Deere, and Deutz-Allis. I do all my own mtce and have seen the comments on the driveshaft universals and also the safety switches. Are there any other things to look for when evaluating it? I generally trust my own judgement of this stuff (feeling of smoothness in all the mechanisms and lack of odd noises), but anything that might not be immediately obvious (leaky hyd seals, engine specifics, etc)? Trying to do my homework before a purchase, instead of after!

Thanks in advance!

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy
Yeah, I like almost all the aspects of them, but price is in a different league.

Thought of 2 more questions:
- what years were the G1900's made? I see several around 1992, but what was the last model year, and was there any running changes?
- How well does the 54" cut?
Thanks.

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #4  
G1900 is a great Kubota, bought a demo with 56 hrs in 1992 and still own with 2500 hrs. No major expenses. Have the 60 mmm and it does a great job. No attachments except the mulching kit bought new in 1992 and still in the box.

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #5  
G1900 is a great Kubota, bought a demo with 56 hrs in 1992 and still own with 2500 hrs. No major expenses. Have the 60 mmm and it does a great job. No attachments except the mulching kit bought new in 1992 and still in the box.
Bet the G1900 was way less money back in 92 than the price of todays G2100 series!

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #6  
Yeah, I like almost all the aspects of them, but price is in a different league.
Know what you mean about price on the G2100 series .
I bought a new BX1500 which i like better than the G2100 series . The BX1500 is more tractor than a G2100 series.
Paid less for the BX1500 than I could buy a G2100 series for.

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #7  
They showed the list @ $ 7495. including tax and I paid $ 6695. and traded a blown engined 682 Cub Cadet w/50 mmm & 54 blade and used tire chains. But the G 1900 seems to have a lot of life yet. Have owned a couple of Bx 2200 and considering a swap with Bx for a B 7800 or B3030.

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #8  
1*But that was back in 1992.
Bet you couldn't touch a new B2100 series today for anywhere near that,

2*A year ago when I was shopping tractors I priced A new BX 1850 with mower $8900.
I asked the dealer about a G 21XX figuring it would be way less than the BX 1850.
He said the price of it was to close to the BX 1850 price so he doesn't even stock a G21xx
because the BX 1850 is a lot better deal for the money.
I wound up getting a new BX1500 with mower $7750.
I also bought a used BX1500 with mower $5250.

L . B .

1*They showed the list @ $ 7495. including tax and I paid $ 6695.
2*

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #9  

*******************I have :
1*Kubota BX23
*2*Kubota BX1500
~~~~~~~~~~
*Last year when I was looking for a tractor I looked at and priced Kubota G210XX;John Deer x7XX and Kubota BX1500.
I went with The Kubota BX1500 because it offered every thing I needed that the other 2 offered plus the added boas of moving up from a garden tractor to a sub-compact which gave me more flexibility and functionality.
The clincher was the BX1500 cost less than the JD and Kubota Garden Tractors.
L . B .

/ Newbie with G1900 questions - for potential buy #10  
I have a G1800 with 54" deck and just over 500 hours. Great mower, cut is great with sharp bldes, and the bagger works very well picking up grass and leaves. A very heavy duty deck that will last a long time if you keep the rust off. In deep thick grass, the 16 HP diesel on the G1800 is at the limit for the 54" mower. The 18 HP G1900 may do much better.

About a year ago was when I looked for a grass bagger. Basically Kubota doesn't make them anymore, so you have to find a used one, or, as I was told, ask your Kubota dealer to query all the other Kubota dealers to see if there any left in dealer stock somewhere. They were talking $1800 for the bagger if they could find one. I found a used one for about $800, but I ended up having to order many parts and make the rear attach frame. The seller said he had all the parts, but that wasn't the case.

I see Messicks just sold a TG2742 snowblower for $650. Used Kubota TG2742

You probably need to talk to a dealer to confirm availability of the attachments and what they will cost. The bagger seems more expensive than current year attachments.

Good luck. Rich