GR2100 Mower Deck grindings loudly

/ GR2100 Mower Deck grindings loudly #1  

manvelman

When moving the lever handle that engages the mower deck drive shaft there is a grinding noise. What is strange, when I remove the drive shaft from the mower deck and engage the lever there is no noise so I removed the deck and checked everything out in the gear box but all was good.
The only thing I can figure is when the deck loads up the transaxle, something does not engage properly and grinds.

Anyone had similar problems.

/ GR2100 Mower Deck grindings loudly #2  
When moving the lever handle that engages the mower deck drive shaft there is a grinding noise. What is strange, when I remove the drive shaft from the mower deck and engage the lever there is no noise so I removed the deck and checked everything out in the gear box but all was good.
The only thing I can figure is when the deck loads up the transaxle, something does not engage properly and grinds.

Anyone had similar problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

check the oil level and then pray the bearing in the gear box is not bad- second make sure the midmount PTO shaft is fully locked in as the female end may be wobbling.

/ GR2100 Mower Deck grindings loudly #3  
Mine has always from the day I owned it makes ....SOME kind of noise....I wouln't really describe it as a grinding noise. It's more like a momeintary squeal. I think its my belt slipping until the blades come up to speed...not sure, but it's done it since it was born. Good Luck.